Subaru WRX Forum banner

Opinions on my 09 wagon build

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ruso 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a 2009 Subaru Impreza wrx hatchback. I found it bone stock with less than 40k. Pretty lucky if you ask me. Any way, I've done a several things to it already, and i will be doing more. I'm here to get your opinions, criticism(maybe) and to see if anyone out there is building like mine. I'll be referencing all performance parts and a few extra.

So to start things off, after doing somewhat of research(not nearly enough), i did what people said not to do;
I put an AEM cold air intake in, with UEGO wideband air/fuel ratio gauge, and stage 1 protune,
Kartboy short throw shifter and kartboy bushings,
Perrin light weight crank pulley.

In April i will be getting another tune, Stage 2, which will include;

X-Force 3" catted downpipe to 3" exhaust to the back.
Cobb 3 port boost solenoid
TurboXS 50/50 hybrid BOV.

This is not ALL that ive done, as there are many small items i have installed.
But as for performance wise that is it.
please, let me know what you think, if you have any advice, tips, tricks, whatever.

Thank you .

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome aboard, I have a narrow body hatch too.

I think you're well on your way. Btw there's absolutely nothing wrong with putting on an intake so long as you get tunes for it. You did that which most people don't and wonder why their car is knocking or having other issues.

Would love to see some pics of your ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.