Hoping I can get everything answered all at once. I just purchased a set of 17x9 +42 Rota DPT wheels with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Star Specs which will hopefully arrive on Monday. My suspension is currently stock, except for aftermarket sway bars and endlinks.
1. I'm already assuming I'll have to get my rear fenders rolled to avoid rubbing. Should I have the fronts done at the same time just to be safe? If I eventually lower the car with springs/struts and/or upgrade to 255/40/17 tires with the same wheels, would a front/rear roll be enough to avoid rubbing or should I consider a pull too?
2. I'm looking at IAG Performance to do the fender work - anybody have any experience with them? Should I consider another shop in the MD area?
3. At what temperature should I switch from winter tires to summer tires? Lately, night time temps have been consistently in the 30's in my area. Should I wait until they're in the 40's? 50's?
I've been looking at this package from TIC: Turn in Concepts
. I already have my heart set on RCE Yellow springs and Tokico D-Spec struts, but the other options are a bit confusing to me. I like that combo for my daily driver because it will hopefully get rid of a good amount of wheel gap while maintaining a reasonable amount of ride comfort and performance, but what other parts would I need?
- GTworx GD Front Camber Plates w/ Deep Nut ( + $250.00 )
- Whiteline Com C's ( + $60.00 )
- Remove Tokico Rear Adjustment Extenders ( - $25.00 )
- Camber Bolts (1 Pair) ( + $40.00 )
- Camber Bolts (2 Pair) ( + $70.00 )
- .25" Saggy butt shims ( + $25.00 )
- .375" Saggy butt shims ( + $25.00 )
I like that this is a pre-built kit and I think it would be a relatively simple install since I'm a first-timer. Obviously, I'd take it in for a good performance alignment (possibly again at IAG) after I install it, but I have some more questions:
4. How long after installing the kit should I wait for everything to settle before I get an alignment?
5. What specific alignment specs should I ask for?
I already have a rough idea about all this stuff, but I'm just looking to arm myself with some specific info so I don't go into the shop looking like an idiot. I'm pretty excited about this stuff