Subaru WRX Forum banner

Warning on Goodyear Eagle GT tires

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Vew 
#1 ·
I just bought a set from our forum sponsor. Great price. Beat Walmart's price by about $15 per tire, so this is in no reflection to the vendor.

Goodyear however, these tires were just a big PITA. What should have taken 15 minutes in a shop to mount and balance these things ended up taking us 2.5 hours.

The bead around the rim kept leaking air. Removing the tire, we find that there are ridges left from the cast molding that was causing it to leak in several spots. We ended up having to take a razor blade to cut out each ridge and using a tire sealer to get them to stop leaking. Probably about 2 dozen per tire.

On top of that, the worse balanced wheel was off by 5oz. That's terrible for a factory rim.

Expect to pay an extra $100 in shop fees if you run into the same problems. I have yet to test the performance in them, but on mount and balance alone, I just do no recommend these tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.