LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
TSW Snetterton look alike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
I'd mention getting spacers if it wouldn't severely compromise your handling and my beloved reputation. So I won't

The Redline Straight Spoke looks a lot like the Rota SVN.

The last two wheels look like they belong on DUB-mobiles... although I kind of like the last one.

18's look at home on third gens. Go wider (and preferably lighter) than stock. Keep the offset reasonable. Maximize the rubber. Roll and pull if you have to. Gotta pay to play, but set it up right and it'll all be worth it. YOLO!!!
Lol...thanks, John! Def good advice. Trying to find a 5x100 in a 8.5 or 9 wheel with an offset between 48-45 is impossible!! I underestimated how much this bolt pattern sucks. But I'm also liking that Konig Lightning. It's the ONLY wheel I've found in weeks of scouring the net that's within those specs. Seems like the only decent looking wheels are Rotas. Not going that route though that's for sure. You'd think their the only company that makes wheels for Subarus by reading the forums. No offense to anyone that has em...I'm just sayin lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
Lol...thanks, John! Def good advice. Trying to find a 5x100 in a 8.5 or 9 wheel with an offset between 48-45 is impossible!! I underestimated how much this bolt pattern sucks. But I'm also liking that Konig Lightning. It's the ONLY wheel I've found in weeks of scouring the net that's within those specs. Seems like the only decent looking wheels are Rotas. Not going that route though that's for sure. You'd think their the only company that makes wheels for Subarus by reading the forums. No offense to anyone that has em...I'm just sayin lol!

There are a TON of 8.5" wheels +/- +48 offset. You're just looking at the wrong brands.
#48 Old 02-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Premium Member

Garage
TSW Snetterton look alike?

Trust me I'm looking at ALL brands. Price is far from a concern, it's all about the style. Please post some recommendations. Anything black with a chrome or polished lip in a 8.5 or 9 you know of would be appreciated. Cause I've seen only like 1 besides Rota that come in a 9 and not many other options for 8.5 either. Help me out mang! Lol...

#49 Old 05-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Premium Member

Garage
So I'm trying to narrow wheels down seeing as I have a serious buyer of my stock wheels now, and I'm looking for some more help seeing I've decided to stick with the 17" OE wheel size. That changes a lot when it comes to the wheels I've posted so far, as most listed aren't even made in a 17" wheel. Here's a few I like....

XXR 526: This is the style I'm looking for help finding! I know XXR wheels aren't the best and this is just a reference to what I'm looking for. They also don't make the offset I need anyways. Anyone know of anything in a 17x8 or 17x9 with an offset of 40-48mm I can consider that looks similar to this?!
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1367678275.940189.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  41.7 KB

Enkei Tenjin: I've found this in a 17x8 +45 which would work for me. It's not bad looking...
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1367678469.114484.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  32.4 KB

Opinions? Other options?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#50 Old 10-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Premium Member

Garage
So now that Keith and I have worked out the particulars of my OE wheels, I'm back on the prowl lol! I've got a few options so far and would like everyone's feedback.

Focal 169B
This one is my favorite so far! Looks just like the Konig Lightning I like but comes in an offset I can work with.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383164765.463564.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  58.8 KB

Raceline 126
I'm liking this wheel but I don't think 6 spokes is enough personally...
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383164977.599772.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  38.4 KB

ICW 213MB
Another 6 spoke but with wider spokes.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383165069.442395.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  102.5 KB

G-Force G901
I'm still a big fan of a wheel with this many split spokes for the WRX. I'm torn between this and the 9 spoke Focal style above.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1383165091.614692.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  126.6 KB

Feedback - or + is appreciated....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#51 Old 10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

dirtydeeds02 is an unknown
The focal 9 spoke looks sweet.
the RIOT act likes this.
#52 Old 10-30-2013, 05:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
ICW 7 spoke gets my vote, with the Focal 9 spoke coming in a close second.

Personally, I do not like having to spend more than 5 minutes per wheel when cleaning/polishing.
the RIOT act likes this.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"