Subaru WRX Forum banner

TPMS for 2nd set of wheels??????

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for a video on how to install and setup new TPMS on a set of rim's I have for my 2017 WRX (that comes in next month).
I'm only interested in the facts and nothing but the facts.
I'm a retired Telephone tech with over 35 years programming rather large PBX systems. I also am a pretty good wrench. I just need the procedure or a video showing such.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

BOTH

#2 ·
TPMS sensors are as easy to install as new stems. In most cases they are part of the stem and when you order a set they come with new stems to avoid people damaging stems trying to remove them. Essentially they have a grommet on them that slides through the stem hole on your new wheels, Its that simple. Best advice I can give is to make sure your new wheel set is nice and clean and dont try to push the new stem through the hole, always pull from the threaded end. A valve tools is well worth the $5 instead of trying to bang on it with a mallet or tear it up with plyers. Also a little bit of mild soap goes a long way at making the install easier.

As far as programming them for your car, best bet is to take it by your local tire chain and give the kids working there $20 to take care of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.