Subaru WRX Forum banner

tires rub in rear fenders with a load in the car

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dean and tami 
#1 ·
we just purchased an 06 impresa sport wagon and wanted new wheels. we purchased 18x7.8 and it looks like the offset is 40. the tire guy said they would fit and they look realy good. they don't rub if there is no one in the back seat but when we took the kids for the first time the rea tires rubbed over every bump and on all sharp corners. i was reading on the offset and it looks like ours isn't good. we're just using the car for a daily driver,the wheels are just for looks. we wanted to lower it. can this all happen with these wheels or do i need to get new ones.thanks

#6 ·
I have an 03 wagon. Your rim size is correct, its your offset thats wrong. I have 18x7.5 enkei formula-d with a 53mm offset and have no issues with rubbing. what size tires are you running? You should have a 225/40-R18. Your gonna need to roll those fenders if you continue to run those wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.