struts, springs and new wheels - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRbluewrx View Post
also found wheels rota grids they are 17x9 with a +42 offset with 235/45/r17 tires will this cause any problems with the fenders thanks for any help and answers.
Yesterday, I installed a fresh set of 17x9 +42 Rota DPTs with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs. To ensure they fit properly and didn't rub, I had my front and rear fenders rolled flat and pulled and I got a performance alignment. I plan to eventually lower the car (currently thinking RCE Yellows and Tokico D-Specs) so I wanted to make sure everything would work together properly. Honestly, I think without the fender work, the wheels/tires would have rubbed with the stock springs/struts - particularly in the rear, but I don't know for sure since I didn't want to risk damaging anything by installing them before the work was done.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-20-2011, 03:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRbluewrx is an unknown
i dont want cheap struts and springs its not that im on a budget its that $1400 for struts and springs area bit pricy but i dont want used struts and springs cause who knows how long they will last i know im not really helping but ill keep seaching and look on nasioc for rims
#18 Old 03-20-2011, 11:38 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I have no idea what you think they should cost, but the TiC stuff is not overpriced. If you go to a dealer, you're going to pay similarly. I think you have the wrong prices in mind.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#19 Old 03-26-2011, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRbluewrx is an unknown
so i think im going to hold off for the struts till next winter and get the tic concepts package. so for now i really like the rota boost rims in hyper black at 17x8 with +45 offset now with tires shouls i stick with 225/45r17 or go with 235/40r17 or even 235/45r17 with the stock suspension of course. the tire i really like is the bridgestone pontenza re760 sport tire