STI Pink Stut Tower Bars on 02 WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-30-2013, 10:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

FastWheelAcc. is more helpful than not
STI Pink Stut Tower Bars on 02 WRX

Will sti pink strut tower bars have a positive benefit on my 2002 WRX? I am experiencing pretty bad body roll and would like to have it fixed without spending a fortune. Any help is appreciated. And opinions on strut tower bars and what they will do for me.

Thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-30-2013, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Larger sway bars (front and rear) and endlinks will solve your problem. Strut tower bars don't do a whole lot.

John
07 WRX
#3 Old 06-30-2013, 06:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
How old are your struts?

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#4 Old 06-30-2013, 11:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Strut bars have nothing to do with body roll.

That's sway bars and springs.
#5 Old 06-30-2013, 11:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thank you for the comments. Good to know. Will save me some money for now. My struts as far as I know are as old as the car. 2002 so if that is what I need to fix. What are good options? Do Sway bars and end links help that much? And what is the recommended brand or type for those?

#6 Old 07-01-2013, 06:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Search "RCE Blacks"

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#7 Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
If the struts are really as old as the car, then in my opinion your first purchase should be a set of struts and springs. Get a feel for those and then buy some swaybars and endlinks.

In my experience, stiffer swaybars and endlinks will make worn strut assemblies (strut and spring together) work even harder.

KYB AGX struts are not a bad choice for the '02, although I would recommend using the search function as there are many great threads on this topic already!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#8 Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
If the struts are really as old as the car, then in my opinion your first purchase should be a set of struts and springs. Get a feel for those and then buy some swaybars and endlinks.

In my experience, stiffer swaybars and endlinks will make worn strut assemblies (strut and spring together) work even harder.

KYB AGX struts are not a bad choice for the '02, although I would recommend using the search function as there are many great threads on this topic already!
The AGX are great struts, I run them on my camaro but honestly if your going to spend a little bit of money, get yourself some sub frame connectors! You will see a bigger change over sway bars, strut towers but if your shocks n struts are getting old then that is something you need to get before subframe connectors
#9 Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Search "RCE Blacks"
These will require Tokico D-Specs and front top hats. No GD OE or OE equivalent replacement struts can run these.
#10 Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
These will require Tokico D-Specs and front top hats. No GD OE or OE equivalent replacement struts can run these.
Well, he would figure that out himself when he read the threads.. haha...

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#11 Old 07-01-2013, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

I am not sure how old the current struts are. I do have tein springs on there now. I also got with the car a set of sprint springs that have not been used at all. But I have not heard great things about them. Struts are kinda pricey but if that's where I should start then I don't want to waste time and money on other items. Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1372724403.244749.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  56.1 KB
Sprint springs. But if they are not better then my tein. I don't want to make the swap.