Subaru WRX Forum banner

Sti- Adjustable suspension?

12K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
Hey guys! My first post. I've been interested in wrx/sti for years, and am currently researching to see which one would be better for me. Currently I'm leaning towards the sti as it seems to be a better investment with all the upgraded components. One thing I've run across in my research is the the sti typically has much firmer suspension, especially the 15+ year models.
My question is this: is the stock suspension on the sti adjustable? For example, I know the golf r has adjustable firmness for its suspension. You can make it harder or softer fairly easily. Does the sti have anything like this?
My apologies I'm just a noob on car stuff (coming from a '14 forester, go Subaru!). Thanks!

#2 ·
Nope. It's stiff but if you are the type to consider springs on another car you won't find the 15+ STi overly stiff. The 08-10 STi's are practically cushy and even 11-14 is not what any tuner would call "stiff"

#8 ·
#7 ·
It's not adjustable. It's awesome, but not adjustable.

The suspension is not too harsh to be a daily driver, as there are many in our car Club. The chassis on the '15 WRX/STi models is the best chassis they've ever made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.