Subaru WRX Forum banner

SILVER ON WHAT COLOR RIMS? need help.

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2013 subaru wrx sedan and put almost 1000 miles. I want to get some rims now and some coilovers.

I am so confused on what color to buy... White? Silver? Hyper black? Gunmetal?
Help please! Lol. What do you think?

Looking for maybe rota grids. 18x9.5 with 245/40/18 or 255/40/18

whats your opinion?

Any pics with silver sedan?

Thank you!

Btw! This is my first subaru coming from a e46 m3. I love this car!

#3 · (Edited)
With an aggressive offset a 9.5" should fit. Def looking at a 40mm offset or more though I'd say. That'll be puting the wheels past the fenders OP just so you're aware. Not sure how much research you've done on width/offset to know what look you're going for with your offset, but hope this helps

But IMO black or gunmetal would be the way to go with silver! Anthracite would be sweet on silver as well if you can find em that color on something you like.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
yes, i have been looking everywhere, and i cant seem to find a 11-13' wrx that looks somewhat fixed up. Maybe because its still so new? idk. but yes i seen that color rims on some cars.

have you ever seen one with WHITE rims? whats your opinion? too jdm? doing too much?

thanks for your opinion!

#7 ·
I wouldn't go any wider than 8.5 on an offset around +48 (+44 MAYBE)

Fender pulls are out of my league but rolling isn't. If you want the Herra Frush look...more power to you, but you will lose most if not all of the handling of the car like Justin above stated.

#14 ·
Well, I saw saying that anything past 8.5" (which can fit as large as 255s) is redundant as nothing you will be doing on public roads will really take advantage of the extra rubber allowed by that width. It's an AWD Subaru, not a RWD Mustang where tire spin is an issue, and 255s offer more lateral grip for tossing around their heavy Subaru than you will be able to take advantage of on highway on/off-ramps. But technically speaking, a high offset 9-9.5" IS more ideal than the lower +22 to +38 offsets that are more common.

As I mentioned BC is known in the Subaru world, but only because of word of mouth conversations that amount to "sick stance bro, what coilovers? Oh, BC? I don't want to spend a lot of money and these will make my car look sweet!" However functional coilovers not only perform better, but often offer better ride quality than one would expect. I personally would prefer throwing springs on a street car, but if you can justify the cost of something actually worth getting, you can't go wrong with something like AST or KW. The price point thought is going to be over double that of BCs though. What was $1,500 on GD Imprezas is $2,500 on newer models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.