Subaru WRX Forum banner

Racelands

12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Subieblue03 
#1 ·
#3 ·
They are crap.
Move forward. Good coil overs will cost you thousands.
That being said, I happen to know a few members on here that run BCBRs and love them.
They are very cheap, but seem to be reputable.
If you're looking for a decent cheap CO. I recommend those.
Otherwise, go big or go home.

#6 ·
Buddy of mine has ROKKOR's basically the same thing,ride decent nothing for track use though. Still wouldn't recommend these just due to the fact he made it 2 months before having to send them in to get rebuilt which cost him almost as much as it did to buy a brand new set.

#10 ·
If you actually want to improve your car's handling and are looking at coilovers that cost LESS than $2000, you are insane. If you want to lower your car as much as possible as cheaply as possible, everything mentioned in this thread will work fine... just factor in replacing them (and your spine) after 25k miles at the most.

#11 ·
You can get complete, bolt-on ready entry level coilovers for $1,400 that aren't junk for GD Imprezas. The newer models however, different story. Suspension Technique coilovers + new top hats or camber plates (whichever you prefer). Most other options actually worth the money they sell for are quickly approaching $2k.

#12 ·
Suspension is not somewhere I would try to save money, A good friend of mine rolled his car with cheap suspension and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Good suspension is the difference between a safe ride and a death trap. While most performance parts companies charge for the "sticker" they also sink millions of dollars into good solid research and development. in the case of race lands suspension they look cheap, the finishing and weld lines are pretty sloppy. for the 600 i would grab some whitelines anti-swaybars and bushings to match.just my .02 cents but I wouldn't bet my life to save a grand.

my old man once said "There are 2 things on your car that you can never discount, brakes and suspension."

#15 ·
call up Rallysportdirect (dot com). The 03 WRX you actually have some options. KYB makes some decent struts that aren't available for later years. You can also spend a bit more and get the dspec struts. Spring wise if you go with dspecs, look at the RCE blacks or yellows depending on what you're looking for performance vs ride quality wise. If you go with a cheaper strut, I'd actually recommend tracking down some used 04 STi springs...

PROImportTuners may have some competitive options as well. 02-03 WRX's have more strut options than other years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.