Subaru WRX Forum banner

OZ Allegeritas - sizing for 02 WRX wagon

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  NM WRX 
#1 · (Edited)
Wheels/tires for 02 WRX wagon

I'm looking at OZ Allegerita HLTs for my 02 WRX wagon. Suspension stiffened but not lowered. Will these fit?
17 x 7.5
Bolt pattern 5-100
48mm offset
I'm going to put 225/45/17 tires on them. Probably either Bridgestone SO4's or Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Thanks!

#3 ·
Thanks for the response, it works even though I've decided to go with Enkei RPF1s instead of OZs. Same size, same offset. I don't like the look as much, but their price/weight/functionality can't be beat in my price range. Put in an order with my local shop (they match prices and swap out my summer/winter wheels for free). Now I just have to decide on the tires. Dunlop Star Specs vs Hankook Ventus vs Falken RT 615K. Decisions, decisions...

#5 ·
I haven't auto-x'd yet and probably won't in the immediate future, and that's the main point weighing against the *Specs. I was thinking that since I get swap-out and remounting for free I could stomach the thought of a faster wearing tire if it performs that much better.
I'm mostly considering the Falkens (a favorite with the STI drivers at the local track, I'm told, and longer-wearing than other tires offering similar performance - these are what my tire guy is pushing) and the Hankooks (got a good review here: Hankook Ventus V12 Evo - Comparison Tests - Car and Driver).
Any comments on these tires or others to consider? The Kumho ecstas seem excellent in dry conditions but terrible when it's wet, the Bridgestone Potenza RE 760s seem generally lower performance overall. I ran Bridgestone Pole Position SO3's previously, and they were great but wore out too fast. I'll probably put in my order within the next couple of days (getting SICK of my snow tires already, it's SUMMER) so any comments that may help me decide would be appreciated.

#7 ·
I thought about them. Mostly went off the Car and Driver review in the final selection. They reviewed the KDW, so if the KDW2 is significantly improved, I may be behind the times. While they liked the KDW's overall feel and it clocked a good lap time, it was the loudest in the review and skid pad performance was also kind of meh. It's significantly more expensive than the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, too, so I just decided to go ahead and give the Hankooks a try. I know I'll find faults with pretty much anything I get, so my plan is to just beat the hell out of the Hankooks so I can give something else a try.
Thanks for the comments, I can't wait for my new wheels, which should be here on Friday!
Enkei RPF-1 17 x 7.5
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 225/45/17
ROFLROFLROFL

#9 ·
New wheels are on, and I got a chance to put them through a few paces in the city and on a 15-mile stretch of twisty mountain road. Performance was quite good in the bends. They felt slightly less crisp on turn-ins and inspired slightly less confidence around the tight 270's than my prior summer tires, Bridgestone Pole Position SO3's. But they were nearly as hard to break loose, and when they did let go (pushing it on a fwy cloverleaf), they were eager to get back to tracking where they'd left off. The most pleasant surprise was how comfortable they are in the city compared with the S03's. Quieter and less jarring on bumps, much less tendency to track in inconsistencies in the pavement.
Very happy with the final decision! !Thumbs Up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.