Subaru WRX Forum banner

New brakes problem

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  PROImportTuners 
#1 ·
So I talked to the guy on here from pro import tuners and got how break from the.
After installing them, I followed all the directions on how to set them up.
Well after I did all that, I drove about 40 miles and about 1/2 mile before I got home, the front driver side break started doing a really loud humming screechy noise and the break was smoking and meow both front rotors have lots of lines going all the way around.
The rotors are way to hot to touch right now so I will have to wait till the morning to feel how deep they are, meow I think I am going to have to get my rotors resurfaced!!
Someone please help me and tell me what I my have done wrong or what is going on, I will be missing work tomorrow morning to see what's going on here!!:beatentod:beatentod:beatentod:beatentod:beatentod

#4 ·
Post pics ASAP Nate! We can def help. If there's now lines in the rotor the pad must have come loose inside the bracket. The only way that could have is if the caliper wasn't holding them in the bracket .aka. Caliper bolts loose...

I'm just taking a stab in the dark here without pics. We'll get you rolling ASAP! Just post pics of everything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
All bolts were perfectly tight, I am taking off and living them, and the going to bring all my tools into work so if it happens again I will have more time to talk about to, I will post pics when I'm at work but hawk eye thinks its because I didn't add lube

#12 ·
Glad you got this sorted Nathan!

A little smoke is normal during the break in procedure for these pads but follow the instructions and don't overheat them! Make sure to let them cool down in between stops for the first few times for best results.

The "Forgot to put grease on the backing plates" issue is also pretty common.

I use these pads personally as well so feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.