need some input on suspension - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-19-2013, 02:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

onth3run is an unknown
need some input on suspension

what's up guys? i just got myself an 02 wrx and im looking to upgrade the suspension. people have been telling me that BC's are pretty good. thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-19-2013, 06:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onth3run View Post
what's up guys? i just got myself an 02 wrx and im looking to upgrade the suspension. people have been telling me that BC's are pretty good. thanks for any help

These are people you shouldn't be listening to. If you want coilovers, start looking in the $1,600 and up range.
#3 Old 07-19-2013, 06:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

onth3run is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
These are people you shouldn't be listening to. If you want coilovers, start looking in the $1,600 and up range.
any brand in specific?
#4 Old 07-19-2013, 07:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
About 4k miles ago, I installed a set of brand new BC BRs along with BC rear camber plates and rear adjustment extensions. I love the ride height, the 30 clicks of dampening adjustability and the ability to easily change it by twisting four knobs, and the ride quality is perfect for a street car in my opinion. I don't think my car is super slammed since I still have about a one finger gap between the top of the tires and the bottom of the fenders, and with about 4" of ground clearance in the front, I can make it over speed bumps without scraping. The ride is not bouncy and jarring, just much more smoothly stiff - hopefully that made sense. The price was certainly right too. For whatever it's worth, they get my recommendation. I'm also kind of curious to see how long they last.
Attached Images

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#5 Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
There are some really good strut/spring combos available for our cars...

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#6 Old 07-20-2013, 12:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onth3run View Post
any brand in specific?
What do you use the car for? What type of racing do you do?
#7 Old 07-20-2013, 09:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I originally had my heart set on Tokico D-Specs and RCE Yellows (excellent combo), but I also had a burning desire to even out the wheel gap because at this point I care more about looks than performance. Both setups were similar in price and I don't race my car, so after a bunch of soul searching, I decided that this was the correct setup for me right now.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)