Jdm v7 brembo brakes on 2003 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-13-2014, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Darind is an unknown
Jdm v7 brembo brakes on 2003 wrx

I'm hoping someone out there will know what extra parts I will need to do this conversion,
I can get a hold of the JDM calipers rotors knuckles bearings all made for a 2002-2003 wrx.
Will I need anything else to bolt this on a 2003 wrx?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I believe the fronts will bolt right up but the rears will need an adapter bracket which kartboy makes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#3 Old 07-14-2014, 05:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

Darind is an unknown
The guy selling them says I will need different axles and other parts
But he won't say what other parts
#4 Old 07-14-2014, 01:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
@Darind ,

They should be drop in with the parts you mentioned plus the kartboys rear 2 pot adapter. Are you swapping OEM calipers for Brembos and do you have any aftermarket brake parts already installed?

While your in there you may as well to steel lines and please do a vacuum bleed rather than a traditional bleed. It makes a huge difference especially when your talking about someones old calipers that have been exposed to the humidity in the air.

A couple of things to keep in mind when swapping for larger more powerful calipers, They typically will require more volume of fluid to actuate the caliper and in most cases will increase the pedal travel over stock. I think the 03 WRX comes with a pretty over sized master cylinder already so you will probably be OK. just keep it in mind if the pedal feels like its got too much give. you can always swap for a larger master cylinder but you'll be looking at a 3rd party if you want to go bigger than the Subaru MC.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch