Subaru WRX Forum banner

How can i tell what springs i have?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  titter 
#1 ·
So recently i have purcashed a "stock" 2002 wrx wagon from a dealer. was warrantied, saftied and e-tested.

while upgrading the brakes i noticed that i have KYB GR-2's all around which i know arent stock. is there a way to find out what kind of springs i have?

there is also a no cat in my uppipe which isnt stock and my snorkus sint attached to the wheel well.

anyways, this car is not "stock" mechanically (just visually). i dont want to return it, i love the car, and i have already voided the warranty anyways when i deleted the roof rack, riper, antenna and badges. also oil, spark plugs, coolant & tranny flush. plus the condition is like 9/10 and i've always wanted a bugeye.

just wondering about springs. im sitting at about 368mm ride height. (from the center hub to the wheel arch) it doesnt look like i have "saggy butt" but the height tells me other wise.

my springs are black and im told most aftermarket springs are colored. seeing how i have upgraded shocks i was wondering if there is a way to tell if they upgraded the springs as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
no stickers or the like. what i havent tried is feeling for a stamped number of some kind. maybe a part# or serial#. dont really want to take things apart to check if i dont even know what im looking for :(

doesnt seem to be a big deal. more for my curiosity. they will probably be replaced anyways in a few months when its time for that part of the project.

Reactions: ericcraz
#5 ·
yea im hoping within a month or 2 i can get them replaced. i can get a set of Tien wagon coilovers for the same price as kyb's. dont need anything too agressive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.