Subaru WRX Forum banner

Which Hid Kit????

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  man show 
#1 ·
Ok so... Ive been looking online for a HID kit and I guess there are about a 1000 kits that are the best.

What I'm looking for is plug n play with no cutting (if there are ones like that) And I want the lighter blue look. Ive heard the blue ones are not as good but I still want the blue color look. Not dark but light blue.
I also want one that is high beams and Low beams

I don't really know much about hid kits.... Anyone have one thats like What I want or anyone know of a good kit.

#3 ·
True, and if you want to see some examples of different HID kits installed on different cars, you can always browse the photo gallery on SharpHID - Automotive HID Xenon Conversion Lighting Products

I have one of their 5,000K kits and it's mostly white with a hint of blue. If you want hardcore blue, I'd suggest maybe 6,000-8,000K, but I'd suggest not going too much higher than that because the lights start to look more dark blue/purple around 10,000-12,000K and the higher you go, the less light you'll actually be able to use with your human eyes - even though, technically, they'll be brighter.

#5 ·
They have a free lifetime warranty on bulbs and ballasts. I've had my kit (daytime running lights still on all the time) for about a year and nine months and over 30,000 miles and I haven't experienced any problems. If my headlights didn't melt when I put them in the oven to take them apart and paint them, I'd be willing to bet the HID kit is harmless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.