good springs or cheap coilovers - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

MethHead is an unknown
good springs or cheap coilovers

Im lookin for some good springs so i was wonderin if anyone on here has found a nice setup for hte 09 wrx. my car is a daily driven so im lookin mostly for a comfortable ride but also want close to a 1.5 inch drop. i kinda want it low. i also been lookin at some coilovers but have been readin up on some other forums that cheap coilovers such as megan racin or tein are horrible and fail very easily. any help or suggestions would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

blue REX 9 is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to blue REX 9
if you want to do it right maybe the coilovers will be best for you since they have the correct combination spring rate to shock . i put spings on two older cars of mine and regreted it every time i blew my shocks out within the year because they bottomed out. i somtimes have 4 people in my car and when you hit big bumps your car will bottom out with different springs . i hate wheel gaps as well and i was doing research as well tein coilovers are rebuildable i dont know if its the same for megan. so its up to you. if you have alot of people riding with you then its probably not a good idea if its just you and you never hit alot of bumps then maybe it might be ok for you . my advice to you is go for coilovers
#3 Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Dont just do springs, you need to match struts with them. And dont go cheap on coilovers, but then you wont be using them to their full extent if you buy the high end ones. Contact TiC (turn in concept), they know their stuff and can probably set you up for whatever you may be looking for.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
springs dont work on the 09's because the stock sturts are maxed out. if you do any spring they will blow over time. also the handling can be dangerous because your not matching your springs and sturts properly.

GTWORX by BILSTEIN shocks are what you need first. however the springs they match up only do 5mm (.197 inches) for the "blacks" and 17mm (.669 inches) for the "yellows". however this will be an AMAZINGLY well handled ride!! there about $1150 so cheaper than coilovers and there valved for "sport". should be leaps and bounds over coilovers for daily driving, and give track potential.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#5 Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

comman is an unknown
i am in the market for coilovers i just dont know which to buy i really want ground controls but they are to much so i need help on a cheaper alternative. does anyone know any other coilovers.
#6 Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

blue REX 9 is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to blue REX 9
have you tried tien ? they generally are not bad prices for good stuff
#7 Old 08-07-2010, 02:14 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
If you don't track your car, you have no business looking at coilovers. Get some good struts and springs, it'll do a lot more than you think. Remember coilover's main advantage is ADJUSTABILITY! They also don't last long, they need to be rebuilt frequently. They're not "better", especially for a daily driven car!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#8 Old 01-24-2011, 01:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXCHOPP is an unknown
There is good looking ones on ebay from 500 to 700 for all four and with good warranty god speed I think they are called. buy them and let me know how they work haha
#9 Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXCHOPP View Post
There is good looking ones on ebay from 500 to 700 for all four and with good warranty god speed I think they are called. buy them and let me know how they work haha
Subscribed for the hilariously angry review that will follow this purchase.
#10 Old 02-16-2011, 12:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

sicc_soul is an unknown
I'd go with some quality springs, that is unless you want a kidney transplant from bouncing all over the road using cheap coil overs (been there) I know some people like coil overs because you can adjust the height but realistically you'll never touch them again once you put them on. Go with Cobb, H&R, or Eibach's.