fitment question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-16-2011, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

stancewurks is an unknown
fitment question

i have an 03 wrx, as you probably know its a 5x100 bolt pattern. now as this may make some of you cringe im looking for a wider wheel, and something i could stretch. i know its a very vague question to be asking but im wondering what suggestion you guys could give me. im still trying to understand how "offset" works so if you guys could make that easier for me it would help. so basically, if you guys could lead me towards a wheel that's 17x9 or so and the appropriate tire/tire specs that i could stretch.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-16-2011, 04:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Wheel Offsets Explained | eHow.com

For a 9" wheel stay in the +42 to +45 range. Anything lower will bear unfavorable consequences and anything higher might not clear struts.

For tires, 245/40/17 or 255/40/17. It's generally a bad idea to stretch tires. You want to keep it fairly square.

Technically speaking, anything over 8.5" wide on a Subaru is going to be redundant.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-20-2011, 12:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
FWIW, for the summer, I use a set of 17x9 Rota DPTs (5x100, +42 offset) with 245/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires. I also have rolled and pulled fenders all around. I'm currently using stock springs and struts on my 2007 WRX (I'd eventually like to upgrade the suspension) and I have zero clearance issues in all directions. I wouldn't consider my tires to be stretched by any means - they're just slightly less than vertical/square.

If you're going for the "hellaflush" look, you might have better luck gathering information for extreme fitments over at NASIOC.com.

John
07 WRX