Subaru WRX Forum banner

cross-drilled rotors

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  wagonracer 
#1 ·
I found some rotors for the WRX at a very low price on Ebay. The shop is called brakemotive, they have a 99.9% positive rating and assure the rotors are new and not damaged. Any input/advise/opinion?

#3 ·
cross drilled or slotted rotors are a waste of money unless you are going to be racing ( and have big brake heat issues) or doing silly car shows. I still use oem rotors for racing because they are so much less expensive to run (& easier on pads) If you think they just look neat, go ahead, waste your money ;)

#4 ·
I like the way slotted/cross drilled rotors look, except when they sit for a while and begin to develop rust inside the dimples. They really are meant for racing and/or car shows. On a daily driver, they'll chew up brake pads quicker than a smooth-faced rotor will, so that's enough for me to avoid them on mine. Ultimately, I guess I'm 50-50 on the issue. If you want them, go for it.

#6 ·
That's cool. What pads are you running ? My aversion to paying extra for cross-drilled or slotted is that I have only once had heat issues at a track (one that we don't run anymore) and I used to get OEM rotors for under $40 each. Now, working at a shop I get them for $18 each !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.