Subaru WRX Forum banner

Brake rotors help

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
Hey guys more problems here. I'm looking to replace my rotors because my current ones are very rust and are i think making noises sometimes, makes a clanking squeaking noise when i turn if it makes the noise.

Really im looking for the best pair of rotors for an 02 wrx, I called Subaru because I did want oem and im to lazy to do it myself, but its like 500-600$. I don't have money for that.

Also Blanks, slotted/drilled. Or does it really not matter? my oem are blanks. I don't track the car or anything its just my daily and doesn't see hard breaking or a lot of breaking

#2 ·
blanks are completely fine unless you track your car at least once a week.

slotted/drillied on a street car are mainly just for looks. you wont be pushing you car hard enough on the street to merit the use of slotted/drilled.

#3 ·
Blanks are the route to go for 99% of the cars on the road. I track my car quite a bit and still run blanks, granted they are StopTech pads and rotors, but for your purpose something from your local Autoparts store is fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.