Subaru WRX Forum banner

Blank Rims

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  clamer 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have done a lot of searching an was also curious if anyone else has looked into blank rims so you could have them custom made. There is a machine shop across the road but before I go to them I would like to have idea on material cost so if they charge an arm an a leg I can get them myself.

#5 ·
I,m pretty sure these would be done on a CNC machining center. A shop I contract some parts and fixtures for work through machines rims out of blanks by the pallet on a cnc machining center for the Honda ruckus. It can be done but will most likely cost more than a set of rims bought from a store. If your own unique style is worth the extra cost i would say go for it.

You will first pay for someone to draw up the dimesional drawings, then convert to a format that the cnc can use if it can't use the original file format. Then you'll be paying for the blanks and then machining time. Afterwards you will pay for polishing and clear coating, anodizing, powder coating or painting.

The cost can add up quickly but youll never know how much till you get the quote.

#7 ·
I would be drawing up the design. The shop is across the street from me an we work on many things together. And the coating wouldn't be that crazy. The link I posted was for a large purchase which I wouldn't do.

Again I was trying to see what other people thought an to see if others did this. For the typical person this would cost a shit ton. I happen to know a few people to knock down the cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.