Black/Machined Wheels? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-30-2013, 02:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

NamesLucky is an unknown
Black/Machined Wheels?

Hey guys,
I just got my 2013 WRX last week, and love it. Only thing I dislike about the look is the wheels. I understand my taste in wheels is not shared by many, but I"m looking for something like the enkei fd-05s in a 17x8 with a high 45+ offset (or really anything in black/machined with a 5-6 spoke design similar). I really like the black/machined look, and I would like to get something that is at least 7.5" wide, if not 8-9". I will be switching the tires out as well if needed. Additionally, I would like to stay with a respected brand like enkei. However I cannot find something similar to the fd05 in a +7.5" size with a +45mm offset that is recommended.

Hoping to not have to put 18s on it, since I can find a few 18x8s that look good. Anyone have any 17x8 recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
In my opinion, aftermarket 17" wheels often look too small on the third generation (08+) WRX/STi. 18" wheels normally look right at home on them, but you'll spend more for tires. Have you considered any of the wheels made by Rota? (WHEELDUDE.COM has a pretty good selection)

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 08-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
I feel your pain OP! I'm having the same problem exactly. Same finish and all...

What are you considering in 18"?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#4 Old 08-30-2013, 05:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

NamesLucky is an unknown
The Enkei's are available in 18x7.5, however if moving up to 18s I"ll definitely be looking for a 8-9". There are a lot of options for 18x8s. As for ROTAs I heard they are good wheels, but I don't see anything that I like, really a sucker for the black/machined spoked look.

I found a site that sells Konig Airstrikes with a 45 offset. However, am not sure of Konig quality?
#5 Old 08-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
I've had 3 sets of Konig wheels already and prob gonna buy a 4th. Check out the Konig Lightning. Comes in 18x9 et45. That's my fav so far for the Rex. I too have a weakness for black/polished.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan