Anyone with coilovers? - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By man show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-18-2014, 07:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

RickyTurbo11 is an unknown
Anyone with coilovers?

I installed my ISC coilovers a couple of weeks ago. I really like them. Not too stiff but I can still enter and exit corners very smooth. The problem is after the springs have settled I needed to make another adjustment since I'm looking for a 1 finger gap all around. After adjusting I noticed that the threaded part of my strut on my drivers side front is about a 1/4 inch taller than my passenger side (making it an even 1 finger gap all around on a flat surface). Btw I made sure my springs are at the same height. So I don't know whether this is normal, there's more weight to compensate for on the drivers side, the strut is bad or something else. Does anyone who have/had coilovers ever see this or may know why they aren't the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-19-2014, 06:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I can tell you that on my car (maybe it's an issue specific to second generation models - 02-07, but it might also apply to 08+ models) I don't have an exact even gap all around. It's about one finger, but the gap on the driver's side rear is slightly smaller. The car naturally sits like that, and having a larger aftermarket sway bar doesn't help. My car has been corner balanced and aligned to near-exact specs... it's just the way it is.

I also have a set of BC BRs, so I can't speak for ISCs specifically, but I thought the rest of the info might be helpful.
RickyTurbo11 likes this.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)