• 1 Post By boo-key
  • 1 Post By Brockton

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Anybody get the letter in the mail?

I believe it was 08+ wrx's and STI's were effected by it. In certain states, mainly ones that use salt on the roads. There was a recall due to potential brake line failures. If you bought the car from the states listed (sorry, don't have the list) or your car is currently registered there, you are eligible for the recall.

The letter I got said that the dealer was waiting on the parts to arrive, then they would send another telling me to make an appointment. They said if the lines have signs of corrosion that they would replace them, if not they would spray a protective chemical on the areas that are prone to failure.

I'll take her in, but I'm going to upgrade to SS lines eventually.

Anyone else get these notices?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 01:19 AM
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
One of our members who don't get on much (Andy) got the letter. I believe he just took his in today and they sprayed the protective coating on them. From my understanding this only affects the hard lines so, the rubber hoses that are sometimes upgraded with ss lines would not be related to this recall. I'll see if i can get him come shed some light on the subject.
Brockton likes this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #3 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Ah good info, they weren't specific, so I assumed the rubber lines were at fault since they are usually the weak points.
post #4 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 05:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I got it, but am in no rush to take my car to a dealership.
Andy will explain why

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #5 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
At least recalls for Subarus are not close as bad as the recalls for other major manufacturering car companies at this point in time.

Nothing says love like a Subaru. :-)
post #6 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Hey guys. Subaru service adviser here that recall has to be done in all states but they are doing the ones with heavy salt and harsh winters first. You can call your local dealer to find out if you fall in the first group. Or pm me with the last 8 of the vin and i can check for you. Basically they are going to be looking at the brake lines in a few places that are known to corrode. it there is seepage or leaking fluid, we replace the lines. if there is only rust, we spray it with an anti rust protective coating. it also it also prevents the rust from getting any worse. All in all it shouldnt take more than 45 min for them to get you done and out the door. I have done a few of them and only seen one car with moderate rust in the area specified, and it wasnt bad enough to replace the line.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Good to hear that they are getting handled, @Epictofer , any chance you have a diagram or photo of the effected area so we can keep an eye on them ourselves before we get the recalls. Sunny in Southern California but that ocean breeze eats metal just as fast as road salts.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch - Cobb OTS Stage 1
post #8 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 04:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I think i have the pdf file save on my desktop i maybe be able to pull the page with the picutres. where do i upload it to hahah?
post #9 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 04:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
here ya go guys. i think this worked
Attached Images

Brockton likes this.
post #10 of 13 Old 08-20-2014, 06:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Thanks, Ill take a look when its not 90 degrees in the shade...

Jason
13 WRX Hatch - Cobb OTS Stage 1
post #11 of 13 Old 08-22-2014, 01:16 AM
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictofer View Post
Hey guys. Subaru service adviser here that recall has to be done in all states but they are doing the ones with heavy salt and harsh winters first. You can call your local dealer to find out if you fall in the first group. Or pm me with the last 8 of the vin and i can check for you. Basically they are going to be looking at the brake lines in a few places that are known to corrode. it there is seepage or leaking fluid, we replace the lines. if there is only rust, we spray it with an anti rust protective coating. it also it also prevents the rust from getting any worse. All in all it shouldnt take more than 45 min for them to get you done and out the door. I have done a few of them and only seen one car with moderate rust in the area specified, and it wasnt bad enough to replace the line.
Thanks for the informative info to help those effected out. Rep to you brudda!
Epictofer likes this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #12 of 13 Old 08-22-2014, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Yeah, I rep'd you as well, great info man.
Epictofer likes this.
post #13 of 13 Old 08-22-2014, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Thanks guys!!! if you all have any questions please feel free to ask me. i cant always get on here every day but any down time i here and lookin around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement