Subaru WRX Forum banner

Anybody get the letter in the mail?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Epictofer 
#1 ·
I believe it was 08+ wrx's and STI's were effected by it. In certain states, mainly ones that use salt on the roads. There was a recall due to potential brake line failures. If you bought the car from the states listed (sorry, don't have the list) or your car is currently registered there, you are eligible for the recall.

The letter I got said that the dealer was waiting on the parts to arrive, then they would send another telling me to make an appointment. They said if the lines have signs of corrosion that they would replace them, if not they would spray a protective chemical on the areas that are prone to failure.

I'll take her in, but I'm going to upgrade to SS lines eventually.

Anyone else get these notices?

#2 ·
One of our members who don't get on much (Andy) got the letter. I believe he just took his in today and they sprayed the protective coating on them. From my understanding this only affects the hard lines so, the rubber hoses that are sometimes upgraded with ss lines would not be related to this recall. I'll see if i can get him come shed some light on the subject.

#6 ·
Hey guys. Subaru service adviser here :) that recall has to be done in all states but they are doing the ones with heavy salt and harsh winters first. You can call your local dealer to find out if you fall in the first group. Or pm me with the last 8 of the vin and i can check for you. Basically they are going to be looking at the brake lines in a few places that are known to corrode. it there is seepage or leaking fluid, we replace the lines. if there is only rust, we spray it with an anti rust protective coating. it also it also prevents the rust from getting any worse. All in all it shouldnt take more than 45 min for them to get you done and out the door. I have done a few of them and only seen one car with moderate rust in the area specified, and it wasnt bad enough to replace the line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.