Anybody ever use Toyo Proxes R32 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-07-2011, 12:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

SubiTaco is an unknown
Anybody ever use Toyo Proxes R32

Are they any good? They came with the wheels I just bought but I can't seem to find any reviews on them. Help anyone....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-07-2011, 08:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

baumgartenb is an unknown
Garage
Hey if they came with the wheels you just bought then keep them...save up for when you need to replace them and buy what you want...

Brian
2002 stage 2 WRX - DD
1993 Trans Am - summer car
#3 Old 04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Sorry, I didn't see where you specified whether the tires were new or used - if they're used, make sure the tread depth of all four tires are within 1/32" to 2/32" of each other or you risk damaging your differentials. Regardless if they're new or used, make sure the actual size is exactly the same for all four.

After a couple minutes of searching, this was the only information I was able to find about them:

They are original equipment for:
Lexus IS250
Lexus IS220D
Mazda 3/Axela

Mazda chooses Eco-Friendly Tires "PROXES R32" "TOYO J48" for the all new Mazda Axela. (Jun 6, 2009) | PRESS RELEASE | TOYO TIRE & RUBBER
"PROXES R32" and "TOYO J48" are developed for the all new Axela. These tires are with improved lower rolling resistance, superior silence and sporty performance.

I only found one review about them and it was a single sentence stating that they wear too fast.

It seems like they're basically a generic OE tire. I wouldn't expect any extreme performance out of them, but if you just need some rubber, they'll probably get the job done until you can upgrade.

John
07 WRX