Subaru WRX Forum banner

ABS help

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Fidrat 
#1 ·
sorry if this isn't this right place to post, but my abs light keeps coming on. Anyone know why this could be happening? it just means that ABS isn't working when the light in on right? not sure lol. Anything will help

#5 ·
Okay thanks alot!!!

I just kind of bought the car maybe a couple months ago, and the front driver side wheel bearing had went out. There was sooo much play with the wheel it wasn't funny! So i changed out the wheel bearing but while doing so it was dropped a couple times because i had a hard time pressing it into the hub. The same side is beginning to squeak really bad when ever i turn or am just going 20mph or less. (There are two different sounds. One sounds like the wheel bearing, the other sound like metal on metal)

I think that im just going to try to get it into this shop super repair that specializes in subaru see if they can just take a look and tell me whats wrong. But thanks again pretty sure thats my issue here

#8 ·
The same side is beginning to squeak really bad when ever i turn or am just going 20mph or less. (There are two different sounds. One sounds like the wheel bearing, the other sound like metal on metal)
Did the wheel bearing come already greased or if not did you pack it? That could be the metel on metal sound your hearing

As far as ABS goes,there are few components to it so, troubleshooting is not bad. There is a tooth wheel on the hub. this has lots of ridges or teeth that the sensor reads magneticly. The sensor is nothing more than a magnet that reads the pulses in the ridges. If the light is on the ABS will be disabled. Most common problems in order are as follows.

Broken wire on sensor
Unplugged or bad connection on sensor
Broken wire or bad connection after sensor
dirty sensor
broken or dirty tooth wheel
bad ABS ECU (I know busses have these but don't think cars do)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.