3 braking it anyones thoughts??? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-24-2013, 04:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Uselessmark is an unknown
3 braking it anyones thoughts???

so my left rear caliper slide was sticking and recently my inside pad started grinding. well money is tight and i hafta save for a set of pads and rots ###### just gunna ebay some knockoff slotted set untill then so my pad doesnt weld itself to the rotor i removed the caliper and pads and put a solid nut and bolt thru the hose where the banjo bolt goes. no leaks everythings good minor pull on braking but as its rear its not strong. does anyone know if this is gunna affect my diff, tranny, or awd system in a bad way to rock it like this for a week or 2 at most??? thanx for any responses

03 WRX
07 WRX
05 2.5 RS
90 Celica alltrac turbo
90 Enfini RX-7 JDM FC3S swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-24-2013, 06:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I know it's not safe, that's for sure. Soft braking may be ok for a week or 2....

Check out Centric HD rotors.... Here:

KNS Brakes

or just the rotors:

KNS Brakes

I've used them the last 2 sets of rotors I've needed and they are perfect.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uselessmark View Post
so my left rear caliper slide was sticking and recently my inside pad started grinding. well money is tight and i hafta save for a set of pads and rots ###### just gunna ebay some knockoff slotted set untill then so my pad doesnt weld itself to the rotor i removed the caliper and pads and put a solid nut and bolt thru the hose where the banjo bolt goes. no leaks everythings good minor pull on braking but as its rear its not strong. does anyone know if this is gunna affect my diff, tranny, or awd system in a bad way to rock it like this for a week or 2 at most??? thanx for any responses
I replaced my pads and rotors for $100 a corner - just do one corner. Rigging a braking system can have driving consequences far more expensive than replacement items. I'd strongly recommend fixing it properly or parking it.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return