Subaru WRX Forum banner

2013 wrx wheel fitment

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
I'm looking into buying 18x9.5 ET22 ESR wheels and I'm curious on whether these will fit my WRX? also, looking into buying some 225/35R18 tires and wondering if these will fit the wheels nicely? I know they will be a stretch but nothing too crazy I would imagine. any thoughts?

#2 ·
No, and No. Your stock size is 8" of wheel width and +55 offset. There's probably 10mm of clearance in the factory spec from the fenders, more than that gets into fender modification, suspension restrictions, camber adjustments, etc. Your extra 1" of wheel width adds 12.7mm and cutting 33 offset adds another 33mm so you are asking about 46mm of "poke" (or 36mm more than I'd recommend you stick to) so you're well into the "NO" fittment category.

9.5" wheels require a 245 sidewall (the wheel itself is 241mm wide). 225mm is not even one size too small, it's two.

#4 ·
Better sure. 18x8.5" +30 is 21mm further in than 18x9.5" +22 (30-22 = 8mm, 9.5-8.5 = 1in * 25.4 = 25.4mm /2 for each side is 12.7mm. 12.7mm+8mm = 21mm). So instead of being 36mm from reasonable you're talking now like 16mm from reasonable. Stiff springs, some serious camber, probably a fender roll in the back, you could swing it without hacking off your rear fenders.

But I'll be able to park 5x faster than you by pulling into a spot while you do yet another K-turn while the E-series van in your rear view mirror expresses his frustration and your ridiculous turning radius.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.