Subaru WRX Forum banner

2012 WRX Alignment Issues

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  the RIOT act 
#1 ·
I'm usually lurking around on here, but don't typically post. However, I could use some advice on this if it's out there.

I live in New Orleans and our streets are not ideal. I nailed a pothole heading to work and bent my from passenger rim in the process. The rim I'm not terrible concerned about since it can be repaired for about $100.

The concern I have is the alignment. Had it checked at the local shop at this was the result (see picture). I was informed that they can easily fix the toe and probably camber, but caster they can't touch without aftermarket parts.... if they exist. Also, I hit the pot hole on the passenger side. Can't figure out for the life of me why the caster on the driver's side is out of spec.... SMH!!!

So, I searched, but can't find much on solutions for a 2012. I found a site listing parts like below, but they say 08+ and I'm not super confident that they work on a 2012.

OAKOS Automotive - STi & WRX Performance Parts: Camber Plates & Strut Tops

I asking the masses: (1) What might be a recommend solution and where can I purchase and (2) though it's a long shot, does anyone know any reputable shops in southern Louisiana or driveable distance that could help me out.

I think I might bring it to the dealer next week to have them look at it. Would like to get me facts straight before talking to them though. My dealer has a few performance guys too, so maybe they have experience with a good fix...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Dealer fixed everything but caster. Still out of spec by same amount due to a slightly bent strut. Quoted me $650 to replace the strut and fix it. Car doesn't pull, so I'm not sure it's worth worrying about. Also wondering if the money is better spent on adjustable caster plates.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide App

#5 ·
I def wouldn't give the dealer that much to go stock anything. Mine as well look at some aftermarket struts or coil over setup. I'm very new to Subarus as this is my first so maybe someone else can help with brands that work for 08+. But a full degree difference is not good, and certainly going to cause problems down the road with your AWD if left alone.

Camber plates aren't going to help, but the strut mounts may. If you can find a shop that's not scared to go "off the grid" you can swap strut bolts also to change things like caster. But again, that's not actually fixing your bent strut and finding someone that'll do it will be a mission.

Best of luck man...def sucks! Finding anything for an 08+ is ridiculous. Try owning a 13' lmao!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.