Subaru WRX Forum banner

2010 WRX shock suggestions

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  PotatoChipNinja 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

New to Subaru's and just picked up a 2010 WRX sedan. I dont think i will lower car or at least not for now. I need to replace front struts.

Can anyone suggest brands and models of struts that are a little stiffer than OEM ? Something i could also use with lowering springs later.

thanks!

#3 ·
+1 for FEAL,

I ran their strut/spring combo with a .75inch lift on my 2013 and I loved it. The variability was excellent and the valving was much more precise that the OE feel.

If you are doing all 4 corners I couldnt find a better brand, especially considering their shop is right down the street from my house : )

#5 ·
Arctic, send some FEAL love to the east coast bud!

But I'd highly recommend checking out KYB's AGX line, they're stiffer than stock (at least for the GD chassis) and they have 4-way dampening adjustments. I think they lower the car about 1/4" with stock springs (again they do on my 02 wagon with original springs at 194k). I have tested them on full soft and stiff and at soft they are stiff enough to handle with comfort yet on stiff they let you corner harder without feeling like you have coils, then again I need some other suspension things before I can really push them.

#6 ·
The AGX sound great, cant find any listing for my car anywhere. 2010 Impreza WRX

I was still on the fence with the Coilovers in general, BC Racing sound great for the price but not so sure its good for me.

Finally I settled with Koni Sport Shocks, just ordered them! I will match them up with H&R Sport springs. Being able to adjust firmness will be perfect with those H&R springs which i am used to on my other car.

#7 ·
You can order the KYB AGX through Primitive Racing, there's only a couple places that still carry them. Stay away from BC coils as they're made for one purpose, stance. They have horrible rates, valving, and just not worth the money compared to say Tein. As for the Konis, are you sure yours are actual struts and not the inserts they sell? Most Koni shocks (at least the adjustable ones) require you to cut your existing shocks/struts and literally insert their part.

I just searched and it looks like they finally made their struts as a whole assembly, not sure when that started but dank for you!

Pics of the before/after!!

#8 ·
Hi RoboTuner,

Yes I'm glad I didn't get BC coilovers, the price and being able to adjust height was tempting. Although allot of people are running them and happy with them I am convinced my ride quality will be much better!

I was ok with inserts but they are discontinued. Now they make full strut, much better! That's what I ordered.

Pics before and after coming!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.