2004 STI wheels for 100$? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-02-2012, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

walwezzy23 is an unknown
2004 STI wheels for 100$?

wassup everyone so this is the situation:

1. i found a guy on craigslist who was selling a 2004 STI and i thought i would take a shot in the dark and ask him to sell just the wheels... he said no but,.... he said he had 3 stock silver 04 BBs laying in his garage he would sell for 100$ i am bout to meet up with him to check them out. he sent me pics but the flaws are:
1. some curb-rash
2. No lug nuts (is it really necessary to have)
3. on wheel is very very slightly bent

Pros:
1. rare 04 BBs for 100$ guessing thats a steal!
2. nothing that cant be fixed
3. 2 of them still have stock STI tires on good condition

let me know what u guys think. anything i should check specifically? ill post pics once i get them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Curb rash is just cosmetic. Lug nuts are a non issue. The one that's slightly bent is probably not worth using since it will be difficult to balance and even then, it's not good to run. Tires are basically useless since you're not supposed to be running tires that are worn differently on AWD vehicles. And having 2 fair condition STi BBSs prob won't help you unless you complete the set. If you already have a set, it might make for a good spare in case you end up damaging one. $100 is a very good price though, but for you, probably still not worth your time or money unless you plan on reselling.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #3 of 3 Old 11-02-2012, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

walwezzy23 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vew View Post
Curb rash is just cosmetic. Lug nuts are a non issue. The one that's slightly bent is probably not worth using since it will be difficult to balance and even then, it's not good to run. Tires are basically useless since you're not supposed to be running tires that are worn differently on AWD vehicles. And having 2 fair condition STi BBSs prob won't help you unless you complete the set. If you already have a set, it might make for a good spare in case you end up damaging one. $100 is a very good price though, but for you, probably still not worth your time or money unless you plan on reselling.
thanks for the input. i thought it would be relatively easy to take the slightly bent one and take it to a wheel works shop and get it fixed. but i might just end up reselling.