Subaru WRX Forum banner

06 WRX lower control arms

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RogueMantis 
#1 ·
I have been having an issue with a Whiteline front sway bar and kartboy endlinks on my 06 WRX. When fully loaded, the bar rubs on the front of the lower control arm. Been in contact with RSD about what could be causing this and the after a couple days of diagnosis, the issue they are pointing is that my car has 'STi" style control arms. So my questions is, did the 06 WRX come with aluminum control arms from the factory, or the stamped steel ones seen in later years. I was under the impression that through early 07's, they still had the aluminum arms :confused:.

And just to get everyone up to speed, yes, it is installed the right way. No, it's not the bar for a wagon (I have a sedan). Yes, I used the spacers correctly, the endlink sits vertical.

I was mostly hoping someone else with an 06 (hint-hint @boo-key ) would chime in and either confirm or defeat my assumption that I have a bum sway bar and just need a replacement.

EDIT: here are the part numbers for the bar and links: BSF33Z, KB-0172WRXCOMBO

#4 ·
Ok. That's what I thought. I've gone ahead and went around RSD and contacted Whiteline directly. I am almost certain I got a bad bar, as all of the parts are stock. Even had to throw on the old stocker end links and send pictures. The best part is it's pretty much a physical impossibility to get both sides in due to the interference.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not completely crazy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.