WRX advice...completely stuck. money issue - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

OBEE_Racing is an unknown
WRX advice...completely stuck. money issue

Hey all,
Few might remember my older post this year, Needing a new turbo, then blowing an engine and whatnot.
Right now, im looking at needing a new turbo, and a complete engine rebuild =/. Heres the problem tho. Not only is this expensive and hard to save up for. But I got into a dirtbike accident and was off work for 3 months and have tons of medical bills now ontop of paying for a car that isnt running and needs money ontop of that to get fixed.

Question is, personally what would you do? Anyone think its a shot in the dark to see if anyone is looking for a 2008 modified wrx for a engine rebuild to make a track or drag car? I know its not likely, but idk what to do and its pretty stressing because its something that I can not take care of financially. PLease help!!!

Chris - 2008 WRX sedan w/ vf52 setup now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
No money for car = no car

Take care of what's more important (yourself) then worry about a car later on. If you don't have payments on it and just need to pay to fix it, maybe let it sit, but if you need that money to pay bills, I bet you can find somebody that wants a non-runnning chassis.

-Chris
#3 Old 10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ This.

I know this sucks, but I was in the same boat 2 years ago when I totalled my sti.

Shake it off and if you CAN.... keep things the way they were... If not, shake it off and move on and take it as a loss and learn from it.

Good luck bro.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#4 Old 10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Im still paying on the car. Im just wanting to sell it as is for what i owe on it if i can. like 16,000? i got like $10,000+ into it, i just dont know what my chances are or how to even go about it. Definitly a lose and learn tho.lol. Its stressful. Thanks for the input so far btw guys!

#5 Old 10-21-2011, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I'm sorry but there's no chance you get $16K for a non running WRX that's for the most part stock, now if you had it closer to track prepped with a blown motor that'd be another story

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#6 Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
FYI, I was offered $3,000 for a car without a running motor (it ran but had 2 broken rings) with $30k in mods. And it was a serious offer. You won't see $10k for that honestly. Nobody is paying premiums for someone else's problems. You might see ~$16,000 WITHOUT a broken motor or turbo.
#7 Old 10-21-2011, 03:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Find a second job. I hate to tell you this, but this isn't going to work in your favor. It can go a few ways, one of which is to just let the bank take the car and then take the hit on your credit report for a few years, or get a second job and try and make ends meet until you get things paid for...Sucks man and I hate to hear about things like this happening to people. Good luck.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#8 Old 10-21-2011, 04:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

ABQMK2 is an unknown
Part it out..recover some $.. then give it to the bank
Or
Get a couple jobs of your injuries allow it and pull yourself out of the hole your in.

Take risks..dirt bikes..skate boarding..racing ..whatever....and sometomes u have to pay the piper.

Like the old saying goes...you gone a play ..you gonna pay...and it sucks..what you do and learn from here will make u though..I been to the school of hard knocks and it looks like class is In For you.

I wish you the best of luck and hope none of your injuries a permenant.

Cam tuned stage 2 2011 WRX
270HP/340TQ @ 17PSI 91 Octane

Jake
#9 Old 10-21-2011, 05:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQMK2 View Post
Part it out..recover some $.. then give it to the bank
That is very illegal...Since he doesn't own it the bank does...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#10 Old 10-21-2011, 07:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

ABQMK2 is an unknown
the way i worded it does sound shady..he mentioned 10K in upgrades...remove those and replace if he still has the factory parts..sell the paid for after markets parts and recover some $.

thx for pointing that out.

Shady and illegal is not my style.

Cam tuned stage 2 2011 WRX
270HP/340TQ @ 17PSI 91 Octane

Jake
#11 Old 10-21-2011, 08:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQMK2 View Post
the way i worded it does sound shady..he mentioned 10K in upgrades...remove those and replace if he still has the factory parts..sell the paid for after markets parts and recover some $.

thx for pointing that out.

Shady and illegal is not my style.
Gotcha That makes more sense then...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#12 Old 11-15-2011, 04:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks for the advice everyone! Im at least going to start fixing the engine on the side this winter, I miss the car so much. My girlfriend has been very supportive and I actually got lucky and got a promotion when I was allowed back at work, So I've decided to fix the engine and go from there and deicide to keep it or what. As long as I can stay ontop of finances and the car works out well, shouldnt be a problem! Just gonna have to be safe and get that Overtime.lol

#13 Old 11-15-2011, 08:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

What's overtime???? LOL I've been hoping you decided to at least give keeping the car a shot. If you need any tips or advice feel free to let us know.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...