What would you personally do next? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

chrischilders22 is an unknown
What would you personally do next?

just wondering what everyone would do if you were me.

current mods:

Turbo XS FMIC
Turbo XS Downpipe
Turbo XS Cold Air Intake
Perrin Rec BOV
Walbro 255 Fuel pump
3 Port Boost Control Solenoid
SPT exhaust, no cats
Pro Tune

305 whp 309lbs

Just wondering what everyone would say there next step would be/ whether it be styling, performance, suspension, just getting a feel for what i should do next.

turbo xs DP,turbo xs cai, turbo xs FMIC,3port BCS,walbro255 fp, spt catback, perrin BOV, 300ish whp

Last edited by chrischilders22; 09-03-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-03-2010, 10:41 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Rims, tires, sway bars/endlinks, maybe some brake lines, pads, possibly rotors (but really wouldnt do that until they needed replaced), maybe springs/struts. Or you can always get into more power, headers, turbo, crossover pipe, then a tune. Are you looking for anything more particular out of the car?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 09-03-2010, 11:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Rims, tires, sway bars/endlinks, maybe some brake lines, pads, possibly rotors (but really wouldnt do that until they needed replaced), maybe springs/struts. Or you can always get into more power, headers, turbo, crossover pipe, then a tune. Are you looking for anything more particular out of the car?
im more about straight line power i guess you'd say. ill probably never auto cross it or anything. Maybe take it to the track. i know i would like bigger brake package because slowing down at high speeds makes the car wobble something awful. i would like more power but im trying to find a happy median between high power and not having to build the block yet. im deploying to Iraq in June and have every intention of building the bottom end and possibly head work but i wanna wait till i return.

i was thinking about doing clutch, injectors, e85 and turbo next. maybe shoot for 360-375whp range

turbo xs DP,turbo xs cai, turbo xs FMIC,3port BCS,walbro255 fp, spt catback, perrin BOV, 300ish whp
#4 Old 09-04-2010, 12:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I think you're definitely about ready for a bigger turbo.

How much are you looking to spend? That's the big question.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#5 Old 09-04-2010, 06:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

mfarnham is an unknown
Definitely a short shifter/shifter bushings, and sway bars/endlinks. Possibly an anti lift kit. All that will help you control your straight line power.

Mike
#6 Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

fuapiti is more helpful than not
Brake mods do wonders both on the track and on the street, same goes for sway bars. A better suspension setup and chassis mods would also help on the 1/4 mile. An ALK, stiffer engine/tranny mounts/bushings and a solid metal pitch stopper will also be beneficial. Then I'd put her on a diet, these cars come with a lot of crap that you can ditch and save weight. There are always carbon stuff that you can get...
#7 Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

06f250sd is an unknown
You haven't maxed the stock turbo out yet so you still have room to go if you wanted. I just got retuned a few weeks back, at 95* and shitty 91oct I made 321/344 but I'm running injectors, EL GT Spec headers/uppipe, different intake, bov etc...

If you don't mind losing the subie stumble, go with a set of equal length headers and matching uppipe. After seeing the quality of the Perrins vs my GT Spec, I would go GT Spec hands down. The headers will basically spool sooner and move your dyno graph to the left...definitely a great mod IF you don't mind changing the way your car sounds. Otherwise a port job on the stock manifolds and bigger crossflow pipe would work also. Injectors will be a must once you go bigger turbo so you could obviously throw those in now, not sure what your IDC is at now.

I'll pm you a price for a set of BC's coilovers shipped to your door....you wont find a better one. If you don't mind going coilovers for the DD, I would highly recommend it. It will be the first mod on my next car for sure. The adjustability is great, the ride characteristics of your car will definitely change and the handling will be much better. I would personally do coilovers before swaybars, depending on "what you want" out of the car will determine if you really need to upgrade your stockers.
#8 Old 09-05-2010, 02:54 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischilders22 View Post
im more about straight line power i guess you'd say....

i was thinking about doing clutch, injectors, e85 and turbo next. maybe shoot for 360-375whp range
Definitely add some new gears to that list

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#9 Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Definitely add some new gears to that list
yea i know. i need them but dont wanna pay for them haha. my overall goal is 400whp so i know ima need them. i see everyone talking about ppg gears so im guessing ima look into those

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarnham View Post
Definitely a short shifter/shifter bushings, and sway bars/endlinks. Possibly an anti lift kit. All that will help you control your straight line power.
anti lift kit? is that like lowering it because i have no idea what anti lift kit is

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
I think you're definitely about ready for a bigger turbo.

How much are you looking to spend? That's the big question.
yea i think im looking into a 20g (what tuner recommended) no real budget, ima make the car what i want, just may take me a while to get there

#10 Old 09-05-2010, 11:53 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
An anti lift kit or ALK, technically called a transverse link brushing, is a suspension component designed to prevent the front end from diving under braking and raising under acceleration. It's basically a part that changes the control arm's angle for more rigidity and caster.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#11 Old 09-05-2010, 01:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06f250sd View Post
You haven't maxed the stock turbo out yet so you still have room to go if you wanted. I just got retuned a few weeks back, at 95* and shitty 91oct I made 321/344 but I'm running injectors, EL GT Spec headers/uppipe, different intake, bov etc...
plus 1. still have more to do on the stock turbo. EL headers for sure, EWG up pipe combo, 1 step colder plugs, 3" CBE-the 2.5" spt is holding you back, injectors, E85, AEM MAP sensor and 22-24psi boost should do it.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#12 Old 09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

06f250sd is an unknown
Don't waste your time or money on gears. Drive it until the stocker blows, our trans has seen over 400whp multiple times. We don't have the same "glass box" trans that the older wrx's have, we have the JDM sti 5 speed. The problem with it is the internals still move around to much, if you want to upgrade do it right and look into doing a 6 speed sti swap.

Also your exhaust "may" be hindering your power by 5-10whp if that. My buddy was making 390whp with his spt so if you don't mind the sound, don't waste your money on a new exhaust.
#13 Old 09-05-2010, 03:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
wait...someones proved its the JDM 5-speed in the newer car?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#14 Old 09-05-2010, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

06f250sd is an unknown
Yes, our transmissions are the same as seen in previous gen 5-spd Legacy GT's and 5-spd non-RA STIs in Japan.
You can pm Vim (boost addict) and he can give you all the details.

TREBLE RACING
#15 Old 09-05-2010, 04:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06f250sd View Post

If you don't mind losing the subie stumble, go with a set of equal length headers and matching uppipe. After seeing the quality of the Perrins vs my GT Spec, I would go GT Spec hands down. The headers will basically spool sooner and move your dyno graph to the left...definitely a great mod IF you don't mind changing the way your car sounds.
how much/bad do the headers change the sound, and can you give me a comparison or a sound clip. trying to find a sound on youtube and cant find a good one