what to do.... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-07-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sexysilvrwrx is an unknown
what to do....

I have about $1,100 on hand for my fun fund.....obviously having an 08 wrx I wanna upgrade the turbo....not logical right now....I would rather build her up first. Only thing I'm running is a cat back....what do you guys recommend for the next step?
I was thinking up and down pipe, intake and a pro tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-07-2010, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
UP is useless seeing as how your catless already. DP, intake, and a tune wouldn't break the bank. But, if you can squeeze in a TMIC and 3 port bcs (like grimmspeed's). You'd love the car a whole lot more.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #3 of 9 Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
turbo and tune would beat them all. not sure why its not logical for you right now but a used one could hit your price range with a tune. if not your list and the 3-port and stuff is all good.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #4 of 9 Old 10-08-2010, 12:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
swaybars and protune!

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #5 of 9 Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Seeing as how winter is right around the corner, how about: a good wax job to protect your paint, winter tires, Rally Armor mud flaps, a snowboard roof rack, rubber floor mats, fresh frameless windshield wiper blades, and some low temp windshield washer fluid?

John
07 WRX
post #6 of 9 Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^Nah.. Turbo time. That's the only difference between the 08 and 09 that changed the power (besides the tune), your car can handle it.

-Chris
post #7 of 9 Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sexysilvrwrx is an unknown
Alrighty all, thanks for the input.....still not sure on what turbo I'm gonna run and wether or not keep the stock layout or go rotated for a lil more kick in the pants.

As for now, I have reviewed my options and your input....I think I will move on with the dwn pipe, the intake, the 3 port bcs, wideband a/f guage, and a tune and hope for some good results.

After this....if I do turbo first I will have to figure out where I wanna go. I have a feeling I will stay with the TMIC and probably pick up a perrin or TMIC or similar and I also need to consider looking into transmission options as currently mine had no issues and I would like it to stay that way.

Thanks again all!
let the fun begin...
Oh and to Turmic....I think I am gonna check out CBRD for the tune....I can handle a drive to York as I am right over the bridge from Philly.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-08-2010, 10:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Cool Man, talk to chad about the tune and what intake you plan on running. He shouldn't have any real issues unless you pick out a cheap intake. Let him know that Kirt Bunty sent you. Let me know how it turns out.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #9 of 9 Old 10-09-2010, 12:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'd like to clarify, I was talking about the vf52 turbo... Don't take what I said as just any turbo and tune and you'll be ok.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement