Subaru WRX Forum banner

We always need a tune?

10K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Awrecks 
#1 ·
Oki..
I'm new to Subaru
I been reading forums like crazy because I don't wanna kill my Rex.
After reading all the forums I'm beginning to panic a bit lol
Is there anything we can add on to the car without tuning?
SRI for example?
Seems like every little thing we do to the car we need a tune
Is that true?
All I want to do is add SRI and Cat back,
I'm leaving BpV stacker ( from reading seems like its a good 1 with my little mods )

#2 ·
Yes even with the short ram you will need a tune. Think of it like this, the ecu controls everything related to air, fuel, boost, and timing. Anything that can potentially change that kind of stuff needs a tune. Now, the cbe does not need to be tuned for. (It's just a sound mod, no HP gains) Nor does a turbo inlet. But a short ram will make changes to the airflow very near the maf so they usually require a tune of some kind. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
buy parts and save up for a tune all at once or get ahold of phatron on nasioc or stimikey from phatbotti tuning and for half the price of a tuner at a shop they can hook it up.

#5 ·
Just a little follow up

So far I installed a Perrin CAI
2 Aeroforce gauges
Ordered Nameless axle back 4"muffler 3.5 single wall tip
Ordered GFB BpV
Car run good
accept I do feel like a double pull when I hit the gas hard
Normal pull till about 5k rpm then very slight and fast loose of power
and then i feel the 2nd pull, idk what it is

#23 ·
Dang an hour would be lovely. I dont even know the closest reputable one where Im at now. When I move to NY, AMR and EFI are both 5 hours away. When I was in WA, was only 15 minutes, lol. And most of us honestly started with stock cars, I myself bought my car with 9 miles on it, and have gone from there.

#27 ·
15-20 mins to my tuner. :p

Dent Sport Garage also enters their car in the Rally America Rallys. So, they're not a junk tuner at all. Ramana Laggeman is their driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.