Subaru WRX Forum banner

Velocity stack on stock air box. 2011

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CoryB 
#1 ·
So this is my first subaru ever. 2011 red hatch. I have seen many people talking about removing the black plastic piece that goes from the front bumper to the intake. I think it's the snorkus?? Well I read that you can remove them so I took it off and it sounds much better than when it is installed. My question is will this cause any damage to the motor or intake or anything if I run with out the snorkus? I just left the 4" opening on the air box open so I could hear the turbo better. Also, I saw where someone installed a velocity stack on their stock air box...would that be a bad Idea if I putions in the opening on the airbox where the snorkus was?? I just don't want to have too much air flowing or mess up how the air flows in and cause damage to the new engine. Would it even give me any gain or hear the turbo any better. Should I just re-install the snorkus and keep it how it was? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.