Subaru WRX Forum banner

Turbo fitment question quick.

6K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  OBEE_Racing 
#1 ·
#3 ·
no it won't, no STi fitment will work with your car unless you swap intake manifold, inlet, and I/C.

And never buy an eBay turbo spend a few hundred more and get a nice used one on NASIOC or buy something brand new that you won't have to worry about. Most ebay turbos are journal bearing and are just slapped together unbalanced with very poor tolerances. They oil from our cars to cool it and to lube it. Now what happends when the bearings go bad in this unbalanced thrown together turbo? Metal shaving travel through the oil return line down to..... YES your oil pan! And are then the shavings run through your entire engine!

Reactions: mosc
#9 ·
I posted on your other page too, but if you're upgrading the intercooler, like getting a PW one you can also upgrade the turbo to an STi setup. It's possible, and really not cost ineffective. The inlet is the same for WRX/STi, and Basco will have to help me as to why the manifold needs to be changed, except that it's plastic vs. metal. The intercooler+y-pipe from an STi should connect to the plastic manifold just fine. It's the little flange on the turbo and intercooler piping that are different. You'll also need to get a different BOV or use a stock one with your setup to use an STi style turbo. It's possible, but you need to be aware of your goals before you pull the trigger. If it's just about getting it up and running cheaply, get a TD04. VF52's go for more than I think they should, as you can get TD06-20G's for around the same price in some cases. Good luck Chris.

#10 ·
Yah, im not sure on the fitments. I have a Perrin TMIC, would that be solid to use a sti turbo with? or the fitment still not correct? Im just wanting to get something with a bit more power and all while im looking for a used turbo.

#20 ·
Any luck on the VF52? They were always too expensive even used because of the demand all of us '08 guys put on them wanting to upgrade. New was over $1000, and at that point, you might as well spend a couple hundred more and get something better. I'm looking forward to seeing what you find at a reasonable price. Any turbo upgrade is going to cost you a tune anyway, so if you think the VF52 might not reach your end power goals, I'd go bigger now and save the hassle and money later.

#21 ·
i have a nice turbo for sale

its a turbonetics TO4 it came off a ford lightning making 674 horse power it will fit a wrx precision tuning in lakewood NJ reassured me they were going to put it on. Im trying to get $400 for it only 1500 miles on it brand new wheels are still clean barley any exhuast residue.!Thumbs Uphttp://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

#25 · (Edited)
Uh,if you switch to a front mount, any 02-07 turbo will fit your car.

Look for a used turboxs fmic kit(600) and a used 16-20G(550-1000).

If you look hard, you'll spend as much as the vf52.

Also, yes...
go to
3gwrx.com, we got lots of info for our cars.

#30 ·
OP if you feel like converting to FMIC I've got an FP Green I'm looking to get rid of it just sits in a box in my garage.

Hey everyone, alot of people have replied, and i havnt been notified that often in email strangely. I just got my tax return and a new job starting next week so ive been looking about everyday but no luck. Ive found a few 20g's and one vf52 but they were out of my price range of what I got to spend now, so I'll probally have to save a paycheck or two before I get my hands on something. Its a rough search for sure.
This forum isn't set up to auto subscribe you have to do it manually

Yah, I could use any help i can get.lol Ive been searching on NASIOC. But besides that I really cant find any other places for USED turbos. So anything you got, Id appriciate!
Thanks man!!Thumbs Up
Call around to the turbo rebuild/performance shops near you alot of the times they have either old stock or used customer pieces their looking to get rid of cheap

#27 ·
Hey everyone, alot of people have replied, and i havnt been notified that often in email strangely. I just got my tax return and a new job starting next week so ive been looking about everyday but no luck. Ive found a few 20g's and one vf52 but they were out of my price range of what I got to spend now, so I'll probally have to save a paycheck or two before I get my hands on something. Its a rough search for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.