turbo choices for 2011 - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 09-16-2011, 06:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
well according to you the VF52 cant even hit 300hp, so when you get a chance hit up COBB, Innovative, 7L Autosport, Akuma, etc (just a few in 2 minutes of seaching 300+ vf52's) and tell them there all full of **** and there dyno's suck. go on, ill wait here.

i dont care if i make 201.18hp, long as i show a 100+ increase. and your little 20g runs what????
Because the average VF52 won't make over 300 on 93, but you're delusional enough to think you make 400 with a little help. The only person to make a claim that a VF anything will hit anywhere near that was Phil (former bro of Dynaflash bro). And he was dragged behind a horse and hung for it by every tuner and knowledgeable person who read it.

And FYI, I no longer have a 20G (which still flows over 30% more than your dinky turbo). I'm on a stock position GT3076R.

Last edited by brfatal; 09-16-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-16-2011, 10:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
30%? you need dragged behind a horse and hung. whats the average 20g push? 44 lb/min? the blouch 20gxtr pushes 47 lb/min so im guessing there 20g runs 44 lb/min. sorry to burst your bubble but the vf52 isnt a 30 or 32 lb/min turbo. the TD04 is but not the 52. at most its a 39 lb/min and i always said it’s a 38 lb/min. (but I guess you’ll argue with this too!) so whats that mean then???? The vf52 is a 30-32 lb/min turbo? Whats that make the TD04?? 20 lb/min? your insane.

so to end this so you'll stop talking to me cause you’re the most annoying person on this forum, a 10% difference will show similar numbers. you point out a dynapac dyno. all day long a vf52 can get within 10% of those numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 350hp with a lot of bolt on's and boost can or even more boost and E85 can get even higher. O did i mention the vf52 will crush those down low numbers since it will out spool that larger/slower turbo!!!?? you must be nuts if you think tuners dynos are that far off when a vf52 with supporting mods and e85 cant do 400+ TQ. your 380tq is pathetic. Shawn church in cali runs a dynapac just like this one and ive seen the figures of 390tq on cali 91 with low boost! The numbers match, end of story.

Till you show me a whole bunch of mustangs that run wrx’s at <200hp stock, you are completely wrong. And if you do show me a bunch you’re still wrong. The wrx does not have more than 20% drive train loss. 265 (if that is their real number, which I don’t think it is) x20%=212hp. So what you’d be telling me is the wrx makes 180hp “on a real dyno, cause im barf and know so much” and has 32% DTL?????????????? The reason you’re wrong is because those are the dyno’s that are messed up! Their forced to read way to LOW, not that ours are reading to high. I still gained 120hp from modding. That’s still 300hp and that’s only on 15.5psi at redline on stock injectors. Add 2psi more and some mods and ill let you come cry on my shoulder on your little crappy low reading mustang when it breaks 300hp even if its only by 1hp.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#33 Old 09-16-2011, 11:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Use more punctuation. People might take you more seriously.

You post shows a complete lack of understanding of what dynos are for and how they should be read. As well as a lack of understanding about making power with Subarus.

I'm the most annoying to you because I actually call you out for it for fear that someone that doesn't know better might actually believe your nonsense. Stop before the hole you dug yourself gets too deep for you to get out of.

Also, a stock bugeye made in the 170 whp range on the 1st dyno that my car had ever been on. That's almost 25%. And your VF52 does not flow as much as you stated.
#34 Old 09-16-2011, 11:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
This is why I use airboy... No fighting.

Stock 09's make in the 210 range. My car now makes 350 airboy. I picked up 140ish hp. Done. No argument. Somebody else can do the same thing in MA as I can here in NE with airboy.

The quick answer is to just back up your power with a 1/4 mile trap speed (NOT ET). Trap speed is a very good way to judge power, ET judges the driver.

Scott, if you have one, I'd like to get a 3rd gear log of you car and I'll run it on airboy. Not sure if you have any that aren't on a dyno, but it would dispel some of the hate. I just ran a stock 08 yesterday or two days ago and it came out to about 165/210 on airboy.

-Chris
#35 Old 09-16-2011, 02:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Hey look everyone Elvis...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#36 Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Keith still loves turtles....lol

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#37 Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Keith still loves turtles....lol
In a half shell...haha

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#38 Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You ninja turtle you....

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#39 Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

djc1827 is an unknown
Don't get your panties into a bunch as you can see by my small amount of posts I barely even come on these forums....why you ask because you guys give false information and butt dyno numbers and then run crappy times at the track. Im not saying you don't have a nice build or even that you can't drive..im just saying 20g is over rated especially for a street turbo. I might consider a bb one but as far as a vf52 goes I am the king and have proven that turbo can hit 11s with me driving it...I cant speak for everyone else lol Your input was not very helpful. Can someone just please find a video of a guy running a normal size 20g in the 11s on pump gas? Doesn't seem hard since you guys put down sooooo much whp on dynos!!!!!

11.82 at 116mph
stock turbo 2011 wrx
337whp 411tq
#40 Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

djc1827 is an unknown
A stock vf52 puts down like low 200s on mustang dyno if your lucky...i put down 315whp and 359 tq cough at your 20g....show me track times you dyno means dick

11.82 at 116mph
stock turbo 2011 wrx
337whp 411tq
#41 Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

So turmic I'm thinking turtle soup...Yeah that sounds like a nice dish for dinner.
With some soup crackers and a beer. Left Handed Brewing Milk Stout so do the trick, goes well with turtle soup.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#42 Old 09-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
I'm out of town. Stuck trying to read this on my phone. Locking it for the time being until another mod steps in. Dealing with citations later if needed.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
Closed Thread