turbo choices for the 08 wrx sedan - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 08-05-2011, 03:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Hehe you guys are fighting like brothers over who is making the most power...Who cares as long as your happy with the car and it runs as you like...Don't make me post my dyno sheet and make you all cringe....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-05-2011, 03:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Yet what do you run, and more important than the ET, what is your trap speed?

And that generic calculator is wildly inaccurate. Nor is your car (with you in it) magically 150 lbs less than the factory curb weight of a WRX.
yet whats it matter what i run??? if 2 or 3 other 09's with VF52's all show around 340whp and all of us are on different dyno's and they put down 12.0 in the 1/4, i think its safe to say we all put down around 340whp and can run 12.0 in the 1/4!! geez!

if i was the only one you could argue more but since more than 3 of us show that HP and they have been to the track with 12.0's, its pretty damn fair to say what im saying!

and yes my car is "magically" 200lbs lighter than factory. its called removing stuff. Please use your head next time before you make smart comments. like removing stuff is the hardest thing in the world to do and i need magic to preform it, come on man you know more than this!!

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#33 Old 08-05-2011, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Hehe you guys are fighting like brothers over who is making the most power...Who cares as long as your happy with the car and it runs as you like...Don't make me post my dyno sheet and make you all cringe....
Nah, who makes more isn't a question at all. I'm just calling him out for some of his nonsense that he can't honestly expect to pass off on a public forum. Like how he removed 300-400 lbs worth of parts off his car.
#34 Old 08-05-2011, 03:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Nah, who makes more isn't a question at all. I'm just calling him out for some of his nonsense that he can't honestly expect to pass off on a public forum. Like how he removed 300-400 lbs worth of parts off his car.
Maybe he went on a diet...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#35 Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

rhinoman is an unknown
I would go with a company that offers a ported bb turbo with billet impeller. It will hit sooner and harder, less lag.
#36 Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Maybe he went on a diet...
A helium diet.
#37 Old 08-05-2011, 03:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

rhinoman is an unknown
not to cut in but more races are lost or bad ET times due to driver error or lack of ability than hp or weight
#38 Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
A helium diet.
Some where on the interweb is a list of parts and how much they weight. With that list you could have an easy idea on what to remove. Not sure how much, but I'm pretty sure it was a good bit.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#39 Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
hell id be pretty happy with 400 top end! although you did say e85. what inlet did he get? what turbine?
3" inlet, 10cm. He's at 4,200 feet as well, pushing somewhere around 24psi on a stock block.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2175058

-Chris
#40 Old 08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
I would go with a company that offers a ported bb turbo with billet impeller. It will hit sooner and harder, less lag.
Garrett's or Blouch's Dom series i.e. XT-R's, but he wanted to decide between the 3. The 1.5 XT-R which is what I run in a stage 4 09 is a rocket both low and high and plenty to push the stock internals to the brink (423whp).
-Carl
#41 Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
3" inlet, 10cm. He's at 4,200 feet as well, pushing somewhere around 24psi on a stock block.

2006 sti 2.5L Dom 1.5xtr 400+WHP E85 - NASIOC
ok nice, thats what i wanted to get. im just afraid to pull the trigger on one and get the wrong one. every tune i look at my turbo kills them below 4000rpm but then of course they take over. on the street im very rarely over 4000rpm. the car is so loud and with such a fast zero to 60 i dont feel like getting tickets. wish i could have my huge low end and hit 400HP at like 6500rpm.

#42 Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
this dude is out of his mind!! please go back and show me where i said 300-400lbs. is it your huge ego that you cant accept defeat? are you compensating for something you wish was bigger? do you just like being they way you are and poking like a little school girl? do you wish to not use your brain and must force others to answer what you already know? what is it??

pretty sure i said this
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
200lbs lighter than factory.
in fact i know i said it because i was standing right there when i said it.

you know what ill be the bigger man. me and one other member on this forum DID NOT hit 340whp on two different dynos. me and a few others on 3gwrx.com DID NOT hit 340whp. the member here and others on 3gwrx.com DID NOT hit 12.0 in the 1/4 mile on the VF52. and last "MY CAR" does NOT weigh 3050lbs by removing the battery with a 15lbs one, bumper beams, ultra light wheels, engine stuff etc etc. in fact it Gained 1,147.58 lbs and is the slowest 09 ever to grace the streets of our country. you are so right about everything i bow down to your superior first hand knowledge of knowing everything over what i have seen and done. thank you for putting me in my place.

#43 Old 08-05-2011, 08:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal and synolimit, Listen to me I am father...Seriously that is the truth cause some machine told me so....hehe You guys just need to step back take breather and understand that numbers are just that, numbers. I maybe hitting 340whp I may not. Does it matter if I am, nope. Do I have a big unit, possibly, does it matter nope. Could I lose 200lbs, okay wait that's not right, could I remove 200lbs from my car, possibly, will I, nope. You guys are bickering over something that doesn't matter in the end. Just enjoy your cars and be happy with what each other does. Now think about what you've done and go to your rooms. I'll let you know when supper is ready...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#44 Old 08-05-2011, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
Ya'll got a time out !!!

06 STI
http://www.armslist.com/?utm_source=c000017&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p017903
#45 Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post

2006 sti 2.5L Dom 1.5xtr 400+WHP E85 - NASIOC
I'm just wondering what all these posts on 1.5XTRs would be if they just used a 2.5XTR.

I bet that with my heads and cams...I'll creep up into the 375whp+ range on pump. I might even throw in a FMIC to see what the 2.5 XTR will do max'd out on pump.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae