Subaru WRX Forum banner

Tmic

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  06f250sd 
#1 ·
Let me start off by saying hello I am new to this website. I recently purchased a 10 wrx sedan. When I went into the dealership and looked under the hood I saw two things right away. The intercooler had shrunk tremendously and that my intake manifold had plastic all over it. I am going to upgrade my intercooler soon but first I thought Id try and pick people’s brains on here. I have set goals for my car I would like to see in the area of 350 whp and 350-375 TQ. My question is can anyone who has experience with the perrin top mount or for that matter any other quality top mount shine some light on this for me. I was looking for boost test and temps online but did not find much. I do not wish to move to a front mount. The whole reason I came to love this car was the functioning hood scoop. I would appreciate any help or advice. Also If anyone has the perrin equal length headers any input would be awsome.

thank you

Mods to date
SPT CBE
SPT shorty
Harman motive DP
HKS intake

#2 ·
What kind of fuel do you plan on running? The only reason I ask is that the AVO top mount is good for about 400chp which is about 330whp. You could basically max out that intercooler using the stock turbo plus mods, pending fuel, elevation, correction etc...

The intake manifold is plastic, they flow great and since it is plastic it doesn't heat up like the metal STi intake. I have never ran a bigger top mount, I was looking at the Process West which seems to be a better buy over the AVO and Perrin, but it is more money. They are produced in Austrailia and the US distributor is Rally Sport Direct RallySportDirect.com - Process West 2008-2010 WRX Top Mount Intercooler I would recommend a fmic all day long BUT you opted that out already. As far as the headers go, I would look into the GT Spec ELH headers and uppipe. You can get them cheaper than just the Perrin header and the quality is MUCH better. Here is a link with a comparision betwen my GT Spec and Vim's Perrin GT Spec ELH vs Perrin ELH......

#3 ·
My problem in alaska is the highest octane they have is 90. I came on orders for new york so the octane an tune shops will no longer be a problem, I also have had my eye on the process west tmic. The search for testing on that has came up empty as well. I appriciate your input ton the GT spec, ive seen them online. I wasent sure what to think noting the price, I did not want to end up like the people who bought ERZ products ive heard about.

#5 ·
If you ever go over to 3gwrx.com, do a search for the process west intercooler, I know someone there has reviewed it. The ERZ products seem to be hit/miss. What I don't understand is how you can copy someone else's products and fu*k it up...It was already "proven" and fit prior...

I shot you a pm also but my front lip is the one that HPT Motorsports is now selling HPT Motorsports - CS Style Polyurethane Front Lip for 08+ WRX (premium bumper). We actually imported 12 in from Australia before they were being sold in the US....I was special, I swear :p

#4 ·
Not sure what testing you're really looking for but both the Perrin and PW will hold up to about any boost you can throw at it. The process west has more surface area, the perrin is overall larger based on cubic inches.

I'd say the one with the most surface area is going to cool better, and I would have bought the process west but it came out about a month after I got my Perrin. Also, from all reports I've heard you can run STi layout turbos, so any turbo without the new 08+/lgt flange on it. That is a nice bonus if you ever plan on upgrading the turbo, it opens up a lot more options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.