Talk me outta meth! - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
This is a easy way out of meth. Subaru : WRX Subaru : WRX | eBay

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
This is a easy way out of meth. Subaru : WRX Subaru : WRX | eBay
True story. I put it up as a testing the water, really. That price is really not what I want to get for it, haha how did you manage finding it anyway. I don't want to sell it anywhere near me, thus the ebay...thinking about trading it in on a Ralliart or GSR as well problem is sinking this much money into one and trying to sell it is fail, so I'll probably end up keeping it, bored as I have nothing else to do with it! Gonna test out the Mitsu's unless someone can talk me out of one.
Guess, you post something like that up and it's pretty easy to spot lol. Should have blurred the plates too!
#33 Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
They are two entirely different beasts when it comes to mods. Just make sure your fuel line to the fuel pressure regulator stays on. That is a known issue on EVO Xs. Ask me how I know... You increase the fuel to tune your car and sometimes that fuel line just decides it wants to disconnect its self. Which results in you needing a new engine.

Kirt
#34 Old 12-02-2011, 05:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Hell, I sent you a PM on eBay asking you too. Nevermind.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#35 Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
They are two entirely different beasts when it comes to mods. Just make sure your fuel line to the fuel pressure regulator stays on. That is a known issue on EVO Xs. Ask me how I know... You increase the fuel to tune your car and sometimes that fuel line just decides it wants to disconnect its self. Which results in you needing a new engine.
Ug!
I have heard they are not as reliable when you start pumping up the horsepower. I do like the unique qualities of the Boxxer engine, but I just want to try out the Lancer framework. I have been wrenching and hot rodding cars since I was 16, so far the Subaru has impressed me most with what it is capable of out of the box price vs what you get. I have heard the Mitsubishi's are more of a "drivers" car, although BMW is a very nice "drivers" car but their reliability post 60k miles is horrid, I don't want that again...
#36 Old 12-02-2011, 09:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^Quite the opposite from reviews I have read.... The car does most of the driving.

Just like previous years of STi's. For rawness, 04-07 hands down over the 08-current.

08-current just has more bells and whistles and a more comfortable ride (If you like that sort of thing).

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#37 Old 12-02-2011, 02:54 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Exactly as Paul stated. With all the electric nannies (the AWD, the yaw control, and several others that escape me at the time) on the EVO, that makes it less of a drivers car. It will correct the driver with out the driver noticing depending on their level of ability. The WRX is what you get, the STI has the DCCD, and like stated 08+ a little nicer things.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#38 Old 12-02-2011, 04:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
I see, seems all the head to heads and shootouts I have read/watched/top gear etc, always describe the Subaru's as feeling a bit "lifeless" compared to the Mitsubishi's mostly referring to handeling characteristics.. Guess I just need to go drive one and see, hard to compare apples to apples anymore beings I have been driving in a highly modded WRX for a while now, and have eliminated many of the gripes with it.
#39 Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

You just have to be aware of what happens on the EVO Xs and what parts are known to fail. My tuner has seen mutliple things on the fuel system fail on EVO Xs. If you talk to a good tuner and find out what needs either swapped out or watched to make sure it doesn't fail on you. Otherwise the EVOs will take to mods a lot easier than a boxer engine and will see higher hps because its a Inline 4 cyl and its easier to get a dual avcs inline 4 make power than a flat 4. Not to say the STI dual avcs on the 3rd gens won't make some decent power too. You get what I mean....I hope.

Kirt
#40 Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Meh the EVO has it's good and bad points just like the STi does. At least it's not a BMW....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#41 Old 12-02-2011, 10:22 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Meh the EVO has it's good and bad points just like the STi does. At least it's not a BMW....
Thats always going to be your strong point in your arguments isnt it Keith? Lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#42 Old 12-02-2011, 10:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
^^ seems like it.. Its true at least. Hahaha.
#43 Old 12-03-2011, 05:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Thats always going to be your strong point in your arguments isnt it Keith? Lol.
Buy one and you'll see.... Granted maybe I just had a really bad experience with them, but it was enough to keep me from ever buying another one.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#44 Old 12-03-2011, 10:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Well i almost bought a 335i and didnt thank goodness
#45 Old 12-03-2011, 03:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzanic View Post
Well i almost bought a 335i and didnt thank goodness
My wife had a 335xi and I honestly think that car hated us, kind of like the movie Christine, but instead of rebuilding itself it would self destruct...When it worked it ran great, but I would not be one to recommend one unless you have very deep pockets and like prison sex, if you know what I mean.:eek:

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...