Subaru WRX Forum banner

Sweet numbers with new 20g

12K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  black beast2 
#1 ·
So I just got the call from surgeline saying my car was done,and Im pushing 357hp/320tq on pump and 385hp/350tq with E85,with a Tomioka TD05 20G Turbo, on a mustang dyno.Pretty bad ass I think considering Im still running my AVO top mount witch is pretty small.Shoud push out some more with a front mount since the turbo still had more left. I've got to say Tim Bailey over at surgeline tuning really knows his stuff.I cant wait to pick her up in the morning,I'll post the dyno sheets tomorrow.....

#3 ·
Probably kept the boost down to keep the stock trans happy....

Personally, I'd just let it rip. I haven't seen any broken 08+ wrx gears yet and a lot of guys have been throwing some serious tq at them.

I stand corrected.... Looks like 24psi on E85, that should put down waaaaay more tq than that.. Was the clutch slipping or did you flip your numbers on accident?

#4 ·
I forgot to change the psi number in my profile that number is when i had my AVO 380.Ill change it tomorrow when i get the dyno sheets.Ill also ask why the tq is so low,Im sure im running lower psi with this turbo though because he said the pump gas tune was only 18 psi and I was running 20 with the AVO so Im sure the E85 psi will be lower as well.....I could also be wrong on the tq numbers,I was so happy with the hp numbers I might have rememberd the tq wrong.lol! we'll know for sure tomorrow.

#6 ·
No because we were both pretty amazed by the hp numbers and talked about it but we didnt really talk about the tq other then him saying the numbers.If that was the case it would be putting down less then my AVO 380 did and then we would of definately talked about why that was.

#9 ·
I'm still using my AVO TMIC...got the car back today the thing f'n rips im still not 100% on the TQ numbers because I didnt get a chance to talk to tim,but they put the slips in a pdf and emailed them to me.so when I get to a cpu I will post,"using phone now"

#13 ·
Kinda of a cluster F**K on the charts kinda pissed about the whole situation.So the story is I had my engine built by rallitek so they were the ones who took it to surgeline and told me surgeline would email the charts to me.After a few days of waiting I called surgeline and they said they sent them to rallitek,so I called rallitek and some how they cant find them so now Im just waiting for them to figure it out.In the mean time they told me to go to cobbs website and look at there dyno data base,witch I did and they only had two charts up both 18psi I belive, one for pump and one for E85.The E85 one didnt even have a tq. line.what Im looking for is the 19psi pump and 21psi E85 charts that I have maps for,I wouldnt mind having the charts for the 16psi maps either.I will post if and when I ever get them!..

#14 ·
Wow, I'm sorry.
I would've expected better from both Surgline and Rallitek.
Everyone has their off days though.
I'm be checking for updates, maybe post a few pics of your car to keep meh satisfied?

#16 ·
It is running like a champ, I'm extremely happy with it. I was running a AVO 380 turbo before this one and I got to say I'm liking the Tommy better. On E85 it just hits like a ton of bricks and for the price I would say it's a good buy, its like $600 less then the AVO was, to be honest the only reason I'm running it is because I got it for free, I never would have paid for a turbo that was just slightly bigger then the one I had, but I'm very happy I got the opportunity to switch I couldn't be more happy. Well until I upgrade my tranny and go to a 35r sized turbo:sneaky:

#17 ·
I run the TDO6 20g. I have been running one on my motor and for the most part it's a great turbo. Granted I did get it for half the price of a FP or another name brand, but free is even better

#18 ·
You got a smokin deal as well, the tomioka retails at 12-13 hundo witch is about the same as an FP or any other reputable brand. Except AVO witch is about $1,800 for a equivalent sized turbo. Granted all AVO's have a Garrett BB cartridge but kinda spendy for what you get in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.