Sway bars "made my car" - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-04-2009, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

joystick is an unknown
Sway bars "made my car"

I recently installed rallitek sway bars on my 08 wrx and WOW!!!!!!!!!! Best mod done to my car yet, I no longer understeer and the car is soooooo much funner to drive, its snappy and alert in corners, not sloshy weak, almost identical to the feel of the 09 wrx. I have stock tires too! If you want to make your 08 as fun as an 09 sways bars FTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
I was OK with the stock sways until I autocrossed. The car was sliding around like crazy. When I'd come in hot it would push the rear out, then hook up and shoot me toward the inside cone. I honestly thought it was mostly the crappy stock tires. Good to hear sways are a good step forward too. Hope you love it.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#3 Old 09-04-2009, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Ohhh, that makes me want aftermarket sway bars and endlinks so much more. !Cry!

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#4 Old 09-05-2009, 11:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

joystick is an unknown
I forgot to add that i also used the rallitek hd front and rear endlinks. Still the tires suck, but they are manageable now. Ive also noticed i don't get that thing were you go into a corner hard still gripping then ease onto the throttle hit boost and the front wheels give, sinking your hands and turning the wheels too much, then regaining grip which rockets you towards the inside of the corner. No more of that, Thank god! Another great thing i noticed is that the whole car goes into corners and exits them with very little or zero body roll giving you loads of confidence you never thought you would have in your 08.

Other mods on my car that make the drive feel great,
-cobb short shifter
-spt cat back exhaust
-k&n Drop in filter

Now i feel speedy and racy when i shift gears, and hearing the low rumble of the exhaust at the low rpms still reminds how powerfull my car actually is. To top it off now I can rip around corners with ken block style confidence.
#5 Old 09-05-2009, 12:31 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I was just talking to my shop about what enlinks to look at. They swear by the Rallitek links. Im glad to hear that from someone else. I just need to decide on what bars to get now.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 09-05-2009, 02:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

joystick is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
I was just talking to my shop about what enlinks to look at. They swear by the Rallitek links. Im glad to hear that from someone else. I just need to decide on what bars to get now.
Yes the endlinks are sooooo beefy compared to the factory ones and they have huge urethane bushings. Another quick note if you get the package it comes with new clamps and bushings to fit the larger bars. Go with rallitek bars too! they are solid not hollow and made from quality steel (i was so picky i researched steel qualities to make sure i was getting quality parts), I've also heard Perrin has fitment issues. As for size, I got the "street spec" instead of the "race spec". I can't imagine that race spec would do much more especially without other suspension mods like lowering, or alk's or what have you.
#7 Old 09-05-2009, 03:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
If you have a '02-07 WRX get the Kartboy Endlinks. They are solid, beefy, noise free, and are pretty much regarded as the best endlink. (KB only has front endlinks for the '08+ WRX.) As for the Bars...IMHO for a DD get Cobb/Hotkins. If you are into AutoX get Whiteline adjustable sways
#8 Old 09-05-2009, 08:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
+23453984793876 on the kartboy endlinks and whiteline adjustable sways. I have the 27mm adjs. and 24 adjs. in the rear and it is a jamillion times better than stock sways on my sti. Absolutely no noise from my sway bars.

Joystick, what size sways did you get?

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#9 Old 09-06-2009, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

joystick is an unknown
22mm front 19 mm rear
#10 Old 09-15-2009, 10:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

bkiang09 is an unknown
Hey guys,

I am also interested in a set of sway bars for my WRX. So far on this thread it seems that rallitek bars and endlinks are the way to go. Does anyone know how the sway bars and endlinks from Whiteline or Perrin are?
#11 Old 09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
i have the kartboy endlinks and are considered to be one of the best as well as the quietest and they are great quality. I cant speak for the other two endlinks but from some of the research ive done, ive read that the perrin endlinks are the noisiest.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#12 Old 09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkiang09 View Post
Hey guys,

I am also interested in a set of sway bars for my WRX. So far on this thread it seems that rallitek bars and endlinks are the way to go. Does anyone know how the sway bars and endlinks from Whiteline or Perrin are?
I have 22mm Whiteline Front and Rear adjustable swaybars with Kartboy endlinks. The car is now very responsive, much better even for daily driving. My wife noticed the difference without me saying anything and she drives like a grandma's grandma. I can take turns confidently about 20-30 mph faster than I used to. Altogether the parts cost me $470 w/ free shipping. Make sure you contact vendors directly for a package price if you are buying everything at once, I saved about $100 by doing so (170 per sway + 115 per endlink set = ~$570 regular price).

Use a lot of silicone lube on the bushings when you install to avoid the squeaks that can happen when the bars shift during weight transfer, whiteline bars come with lube and bushings (others probably do also). I have no additional suspension noise after installation.
#13 Old 09-17-2009, 05:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I put the 25mm front and 22mm rear Perrin Sways and front and rear endlinks on my 09 wagon last week and I love them so far. I have zero clunk and I've gone about 200 miles with them. They also tighten it up a whole lot in the corners. I have the front on the softest setting and rear on the mid setting and the car felt pretty neutral in a 55mph corner I took... Nothing but good things to say.

Plus I got the whole kit for 500 shipped... perrin has a pretty good sale on their site right now.

-Chris
#14 Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

bkiang09 is an unknown
Thanks for the info guys.
#15 Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Feelsonumb is an unknown
I read about people going a variety of sizes, but still looking for DD comfort. What is the reasoning behind the different range of sizes,( according to front and back). I know a thicker bar is stronger. Why do some use same sizes front and back, like 22mm front and 22mm back? Others use 27mm front and 24 mm back. How are the sizes related to front and back positioning and how will that affect your handling?
Thanks, mike