Subbie's 08' WRX Build - Page 6 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#76 Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Looks like you did a pretty good job on the painting, although it's not my style personally, you clearly took your time and did it right. I would do the Polka Pickle aka 2.5XT-R, as you have no restriction on the intercooler, and it's roughly the same price as the 480XT. It's ball bearing, which means quicker spool too. I was looking at the 20G-XT recently but will be getting the 2.5XT-R instead. It will flow a little more, spool quicker, and is big enough for my end goals. You'll have to scale back any one of these 3 turbos on the stock internals, btw.

Advertisement

#77 Old 03-15-2011, 03:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondafan View Post
You'll have to scale back any one of these 3 turbos on the stock internals, btw.
Whaaaaaaaaaa? Only if you're a girlie man. Crank that ish to 24psi and feel the power!.... for six minutes.

-Chris
#78 Old 04-23-2011, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
Update 4/23/11

Ok I know its been awhile since I have been on here. Had a lot going on trying to help plan our wedding and looking for new jobs. Trying to get our kids out of Fort Stockton.

Anyway Subbie now has some problems and I am in a bad situation.

Took a trip to Arizona to visit my fiancee, and on the trip I started noticing that when I had the car in cruise control it would start revving high (about 2000rpm jump) when I would go up hills. It would settle out after a few secs. So I hooked up the AP and notice zero boost also.

I made a stop at the gas station to fill up and as I was taking off it was like there was no power getting to my wheels. Still able to drive though.

This concerned me highly. I got to stop like here, put it onto first to take off and it seemed like it was taking everything the car had in first to get to 20mph. And so on and so forth with each other gear. Got out and decided to take a sniff under the hood. Smelt something that just had a hint of burnt rubber smell.

So far:

No boost at all really
Weak take off and high rpms

Thoughts on problem diagnoses?

I would have taken it to Subaru yesterday but if they wanted to tear it apart to look I would have been without a car. So I am going to take her back to Texas tomorrow and hopefully Monday get it to the shop.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD
#79 Old 04-23-2011, 02:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
sounds like your clutch is shot

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#80 Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Definitely clutch.

-Chris
#81 Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
He did mention no PSI on his AP though. That'd be a hell of a boost leak or a dead turbo like that other guy on here had his exhaust side fail. The NA EJ25x is pretty spunky, but if you have a dead turbo in the intake path it'd be hard as hell for it to get any air.

Any one remember this thread? 08 WRX not running right, stalling, no boost.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#82 Old 04-25-2011, 05:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Slipping clutch=no load on engine=no spool of turbo

It makes sense, a badly slipping clutch is no different than revving the engine in neutral.

-Chris
#83 Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Bump for results from dealer ?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#84 Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Update 4/26/11

Okay, so car will be done at the dealership today. Bad clutch....$2007.XX to fix.

But on the other hand I am no longer the owner of the Subaru. I traded it last night in a last minute effort to get it off my hands.

So:

I have for sale:

1- Cobb AP
1- HKS Up-pipe (will fit 02-08)
1- 11' STi Wing

I am looking to get rid of all these soon. If anyone is interested I will be back on the boards checking for anyone who may want them.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
#85 Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Whu Whu ?

What did you get ?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#86 Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Me and the soon to be wife got a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country fully loaded Touring package. We are looking to have another baby and right now we have 4 kids. So it was the best route for us. In the next few months I will most likely be picking up a new Toyota Tundra or a new Suburban.

As for the parts:

Cobb AP will be $400
STi wing will be $120
HKS uppipe will be $50

Not to happy how subaru did me either. Was going to trade it there but they weren't giving me shit for it. Was going to get the 7 passenger Tribeca.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
#87 Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
did you un-marry the AP?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#88 Old 04-26-2011, 08:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Good question Matt and I understand what you are saying Chris. But, sometimes its not always the first thing. I guess it wasn't as bad as the guy with stalling though.

Sucks to hear the OP lost his ride, but I guess with 5 kids the wrx is out of the question at this point.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#89 Old 04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Bummer man. Life comes at you fast... best of luck with everything!

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#90 Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 AM
WRXtuners Member