Subbie's 08' WRX Build - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 136 Old 02-01-2011, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
Update 2/1/11

Info from Eric:

Got an email this morning from Eric at TP. Told me he combed through the map last night and couldn't find anything wrong. So he took his Stage 1 map and rebuilt it for the Stage 2. Sent me the map and I got it on the AP this morning. I will be installing it here in a few minutes (lunch break + 22 degree weather = free time at work). I am guessing that with these cold temps that if the map works correctly then I will have some pretty good numbers. The temp here isn't supposed to get into normal temps (60-70 range) until this weekend. So depending on how it performs on the way home from work (hoping it works fine) I should be able to put up some numbers Saturday or Sunday.

Until then, I leave you with this:

2011 STi Wing, Perrin Shorty Antenna and Hella Supertone Dual horns will be here 2/8/11

I know it's not much but I am excited. Just moving a few steps closer to getting the outside taken care of. I will be ordering the new front bumper and new rear spats by the next week or so. Also I am in contact with Vim on getting the CF hood/trunk ordered. I am hoping by the end of Feb. to have those here and get the car in the shop for paint.

According to the body shop that will take anywhere from 3-4 weeks to complete. Having to be away from it for that long will kill me.

I also will have the windshield replaced as I had a pin hole split down by the wiper blade warmers. I am going to try and have it all done (outside) by April 1st.

For now I think I am going to run what I got and enjoy the mods installed for now. Then I will hit it hard on the engine (beginning of April).

The car I hope will be completely done top to bottom by the end of April or mid May.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 136 Old 02-02-2011, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Update 2/2/11

Downloaded the map from Eric and I can not get the map unlocked. I have sent it to the Tuner software first and then loaded it, but I can seem to get it unlocked.

I have done this twice already.

Any suggestions???

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #33 of 136 Old 02-05-2011, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Update 2/5/11

Got the stage 2 map from Eric installed today. Haven't had a chance to take it out and put some miles on it. I am sure it will be good. This is custom tune stage 2 map from him based on my data I sent him.

I did some wheel looking today and think I have narrowed it down...

Wheels:

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

Coupled with:

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #34 of 136 Old 02-05-2011, 10:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
sick wheels man, cant wait to see your overall finished project. patience is indeed a virtue.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #35 of 136 Old 02-05-2011, 10:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Tire rack has them $226. Check out the review too, the conti DWS kills it at $150. The DW is even better at $168.

Why all seasons at that price for Texas?

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #36 of 136 Old 02-06-2011, 12:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Wow 500 tread wear. At least they'll last a long time, and still be an upgrade from the stock 08 rubber. If you had an 09 you'd be crazy since those would be a downgrade.

Do you know the weight on those wheels?

-Chris
post #37 of 136 Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Tire rack has them $226. Check out the review too, the conti DWS kills it at $150. The DW is even better at $168.

Why all seasons at that price for Texas?
Syno,

I never knew to much about continental tires. I looked at those and they look good. I will do some more researching. But if there is anyone out there that has used them and is happy with the performance then I am down to try them out.

As for the all seasons I live in an area where one day its beautiful and 80 degrees and the next day it could be 30 and snowing. The weather here is crazy.

We might be moving to Houston or Dallas area some time in the near future. If that becomes the case then I will move to a summer and winter tire setup.

The ole lady doesn't understand why you would need two different setups for tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Wow 500 tread wear. At least they'll last a long time, and still be an upgrade from the stock 08 rubber. If you had an 09 you'd be crazy since those would be a downgrade.

Do you know the weight on those wheels?
The wheels weight 21.7lbs
Michelin's weight 24lbs
Continental DWS's weight 22lbs

Well if I do go with the summer/winter tire setup I think I am going to buy this also

Tire Rack Tire Storage Rack

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #38 of 136 Old 02-06-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
sick wheels man, cant wait to see your overall finished project. patience is indeed a virtue.
Thanks man. I hope everyone enjoys this build and learns some things. I know just by starting this thread and reading many others that I have learned a lot.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD

Last edited by Subbie; 02-07-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: just caught a misspelled word
post #39 of 136 Old 02-06-2011, 12:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So you'll still be shaving 3 or so pounds off each corner.

Not bad, if you wanted to keep 17's you could easily have <17# wheels for the same price as those, just food for thought.

Also, for an 8" wheel a 235 is perfect.

-Chris
post #40 of 136 Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
My last set of tires were Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Pluses (225/45/17 on stock 17x7 2007 WRX wheels) and I absolutely loved them. Reasonably quiet, comfortable ride, cool tread pattern, nice performance for an All-Season tire, great in the rain, decent in the snow. I think you'll definitely be happy if you get a set.

John
07 WRX
post #41 of 136 Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
So you'll still be shaving 3 or so pounds off each corner.

Not bad, if you wanted to keep 17's you could easily have <17# wheels for the same price as those, just food for thought.

Also, for an 8" wheel a 235 is perfect.
I think I may keep the 17inch setup for my winter set that way I can have more sidewall in those types of conditions and do the 18inch setup for my summer/all weather tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
My last set of tires were Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Pluses (225/45/17 on stock 17x7 2007 WRX wheels) and I absolutely loved them. Reasonably quiet, comfortable ride, cool tread pattern, nice performance for an All-Season tire, great in the rain, decent in the snow. I think you'll definitely be happy if you get a set.
I have been reading a lot of reviews on both the Michelin and the Continentals and they seem to both have the same "good qualities" about them both.

Hopefully the decision will be made soon and I will have them on order. For now I know I will be having the stockers powdercoated black and will use those until the weather gets a little more stable in this area, or we make it to houston!

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #42 of 136 Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Question

I did some research the other day on the wideband O2 sensors from Innovate and I can not seem to find what one works with the AP. Does any one have a clue which one is compatible?

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #43 of 136 Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

All I know is Innovate is compatible with RomRaider, since I use that. As for the AP I don't even know how it would hook up. You would have to run a separate log to a laptop and then find a way for the AP to sync up to it?

-Chris
post #44 of 136 Old 02-08-2011, 06:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Innovate wouldn't sell a LC1 to hookup to the AP. They would lose $ on it. They make more from the other goodies than the sensor itself.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #45 of 136 Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
All I know is Innovate is compatible with RomRaider, since I use that. As for the AP I don't even know how it would hook up. You would have to run a separate log to a laptop and then find a way for the AP to sync up to it?
Funny you say that. I busted out my 7 year old laptop last night. I am going to reconfigure it and use it only for tuning. The ole lady is getting tired of me being on the house computer looking at data logs and such. If need be I will run the RomRaider program and couple that with my AP logs for some etuning from Eric for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Innovate wouldn't sell a LC1 to hookup to the AP. They would lose $ on it. They make more from the other goodies than the sensor itself.
I could have sworn I seen something but I guess not. I can see where they would lose money on it though. Make sense.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD