Subbie's 08' WRX Build - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 136 Old 01-30-2011, 03:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

06f250sd is an unknown
Please note that with Erics maps you should be datalogging and sending them to him. He will adjust the map accordingly. Congrats on going stage 2, it's all down hill from here.

TREBLE RACING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 136 Old 01-30-2011, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
LOL @ the numbers!

Dude, I want that map!!! jk.

I really like the accessport, it's super user friendly and works well, don't let that scare you off. Congrats, I can tell you're super excited getting into this. But it gets worse, I daresay I see a built block in your future
Chase, After yesterday I would have to agree with you. I still like the AP. I have another download of the map left...lol. My buddy was reading the numbers and when I stopped he told me I was putting down more then his Cobra. I had to save that one.

I am super stoked about the build and yeah I am sure in the future the motor will get built, but before I start doing all that, the next I am buying is a ring for the ole lady. It's about time to get a band on the hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06f250sd View Post
Please note that with Erics maps you should be datalogging and sending them to him. He will adjust the map accordingly. Congrats on going stage 2, it's all down hill from here.
What info should I be logging?
AFRs
Boost
MAF g/s

Any other information I need to log for him. I am still learning how to move through the AP so not sure if data logging captures everything.

I am going to do some recording today and send it off to him.

I got an email from Eric a few days ago and asked him if his map would work with a HKS SRI. He said the whole basis of the map was based off MAF readings and a SRI would/could make the map not run correctly. If I get a SRI and then data log my numbers, he should be able to tune for the adjusted numbers...Right???

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD

Last edited by Subbie; 01-30-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: added question (in red)
post #18 of 136 Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Question

Taking some thoughts on what next to buy. I actually have some things in mind but I am open for recommendations.

As for my list I am thinking:
Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump
DW 850cc Inj.
3 Port EBCS

Of course none of these are going on until the turbo set up and intercooler arrive but they can be purchased and stocked.

I would like to put something on order that I can put on and enjoy now.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #19 of 136 Old 01-30-2011, 12:34 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
If you are already going to deal with DW, go with their new FP also. It is new, but read some great things about it already, and it flows more than the warlboro, but is more expensive. Thats least is a great stepping stone, you will need a custom tune for the BCS, but should help build boost faster and hold it longer, which is a good thing

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #20 of 136 Old 01-30-2011, 01:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
What color are you coating the wheels?

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #21 of 136 Old 01-30-2011, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
If you are already going to deal with DW, go with their new FP also. It is new, but read some great things about it already, and it flows more than the warlboro, but is more expensive. Thats least is a great stepping stone, you will need a custom tune for the BCS, but should help build boost faster and hold it longer, which is a good thing
Talking about the Deatschwerks 300 LPH. If so, found it on Fredbeansparts.com for $169. Not a bad deal there, but it only for 02-07 WRX. Will keep my eyes open for new information.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #22 of 136 Old 01-30-2011, 01:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I don't even think the pump has been released yet. I've been following the thread on Nasioc pretty regularly for updates. After I get my block and pistons back and coated, ID1000's and the DW300 are next on the list.

-Chris
post #23 of 136 Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Reading in your list of future mods, I have one thing to chime in on that no one else has said. I'd strongly recommend changing your future tire size. On my '08 WRX I changed from the RE92's in 205/50-17 to Dunlop Direzza Sports Z1's in 225/45-17 and they were dramatically better than stock! They gave way more confidence into corners, and it just felt so much better all around. Plus, the sidewall was straight up and down, which gave the exact look I wanted. I don't know why I don't have the pictures I took on this computer, but when I find them, I'll post up a pic of how those specific tires looked. I researched tires for about a month before I chose those ones. I don't think you can go wrong. I couldn't find anyone who needed that size tire before I traded my car in, so I could hook someone up because they made a big difference.
post #24 of 136 Old 01-31-2011, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondafan View Post
Reading in your list of future mods, I have one thing to chime in on that no one else has said. I'd strongly recommend changing your future tire size. On my '08 WRX I changed from the RE92's in 205/50-17 to Dunlop Direzza Sports Z1's in 225/45-17 and they were dramatically better than stock! They gave way more confidence into corners, and it just felt so much better all around. Plus, the sidewall was straight up and down, which gave the exact look I wanted. I don't know why I don't have the pictures I took on this computer, but when I find them, I'll post up a pic of how those specific tires looked. I researched tires for about a month before I chose those ones. I don't think you can go wrong. I couldn't find anyone who needed that size tire before I traded my car in, so I could hook someone up because they made a big difference.
Well I have been looking and doing some research also, and I think I might go with some Rota DTP (black) 18x8.5 with some 235/40's

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #25 of 136 Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
What color are you coating the wheels?
Black

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #26 of 136 Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Update 1/31/11

Got off the phone with Eric from TP and he told me that he got a call from another guy that has his "new" Stage 2 map installed and that he was having the same issue as me.

That means there is something wrong with the map he thinks. Told me that later tonight he will email me a copy of the "old" Stage 2 map.

I will hopefully get a chance to install it tomorrow morning before work and log some data for him.

I will keep all posted on results if I get it installed.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
post #27 of 136 Old 02-01-2011, 02:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbie View Post
Well I have been looking and doing some research also, and I think I might go with some Rota DTP (black) 18x8.5 with some 235/40's
I've got rota Tarmac 2's coming I'm gonna powder coat and sell cause I got a good deal on them. 18x8.5 +48.

235/40 is to tall on that wheel, get a 245/35 or 255/35

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #28 of 136 Old 02-01-2011, 08:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbie View Post
Yeah, 235's are pretty small for that wheel, they'll fit, but something in the 245 range will be spot on. Not sure how the WRX likes 18" wheels though. You may need to do some fender work, but I have no idea.

-Chris
post #29 of 136 Old 02-01-2011, 01:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
No he'll be fine with that wheel

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #30 of 136 Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
I would like to have a little more sidewall profile on the tire. That's why I was going with the 40 series. But if I need to roll the fenders then so be it. But if they won't fit with fender rolling and still cause rubbing issues then I may just stick with the 17's.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD