Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L 2008+ WRX, STi, and GT) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Stupid Question for ya (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/stupid-question-ya-28838/)

BLK09WRX 05-26-2010 04:32 PM

Stupid Question for ya

I'm getting ready to install a Forge Recirculting valve on my rex and was just wondering which spring to use. It comes with a yellow one (soft) blue one (medium) and red one (you guessed it..hard). I'm only pushing about 18-19 psi that tapers off to about 15 for now till I get tuned hopefully next month. Cobb AP stage 2, Cobb TBE. Thanks in advance.

synolimit 05-26-2010 04:37 PM

arnt the springs messured in psi too? if not, 18-19 could be a medium, install and go drive it. if you hear compresser surge when shifting at high boost, its to hard. i get compresser surge at low boost or no boost but my TXS BOV spring is kinda stiff. theres no washers installed either. a little surge is ok, to much is bad. its goona be hard for you to hear though since you dont have a aftermarket intake. a way to see if the spring is to soft is make sure your hitting max boost under full load! if not the spring is opening up to soon and its to soft.

BLK09WRX 05-26-2010 06:21 PM

Thanks. Also I was wanting to replace the intercooler so do you think I should stick with an aftermarket top mount or go front mount since the turbo xs front mount is only 200 bucks more?

synolimit 05-26-2010 10:54 PM

personally, FMIC. you'll never need another intercooler as long as you have the car because it doesnt matter what turbo you put on they give you all the pipes to make it work. my dynos with the stock TMIC and then FMIC produced no lag, picked up a ton of TQ and some good HP. now its not like a TMIC wouldnt do that too and maybe get you even faster spool up time but the FMIC forsure had zero side effects which people always say there bad unless your running a huge turbo, but its false (at least for us 09's that dont have a small td04 or something).

mosc 05-26-2010 11:55 PM

Stock turbo + FMIC with the 09's turbo layout is moronic. I'm sorry, but your entire intake system is designed around using a top mounted intercooler. It's the main advantage it has over the 02-07 WRX layout. Also, the stock turbo is not that big and will just see added lag from a FMIC, not performance.

newtothegame 05-27-2010 11:19 AM

Use whichever spring is closes to stock. I ran 20PSI on my stock BPV, still only running 20PSI on my Cobb and didnt make one adjustment to it.

synolimit 05-27-2010 12:10 PM

[quote=mosc;245458]Stock turbo + FMIC with the 09's turbo layout is moronic. I'm sorry, but your entire intake system is designed around using a top mounted intercooler. It's the main advantage it has over the 02-07 WRX layout. Also, the stock turbo is not that big and will just see added lag from a FMIC, not performance.[/quote]

please disprove my 100% accuate dyno showings then! i produced NO lag. infact from the old tune to the new tune my spool time accually moved to the LEFT!! again, could a TMIC do the same?? yes, probably. could it move the curve to the left more?? maybe it could!! but the FMIC produced no bad side effects so it works great. so your logic is moronic. you dont have a 09 wrx, you dont have a VF52, so you dont know. im telling you the truth and you calling my a lier basically. what more proof do you want??

a guy on nasioc with a 09 has ONLY a perrin FMIC, intake and TBE. made 314/314 on his dyno. ran a 12.2 1/4. now go ahead and tell me a FMIC is moronic on a 09 wrx !Thumbs Up!Thumbs Up

[IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/synolimit/055.jpg[/IMG]

BLK09WRX 05-27-2010 04:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your input and not lashing out at because of the "simple" questions that I asked. Any and all help I get from you guys is greatly appreciated. I love the way the front mount looks but for now I'll ###### just go with the Perrin top mount before they sell out since they just discontinued it. I'll wait till i go Dom 3 or gt30r and get the front mount then. Once again thanks everyone, Chris.

bigbadbuddha 05-28-2010 01:02 AM

FMIC IS MORONIC ON A 09 WRX.... There i said it what are you gonna do now???? lol
There are far better ways to spend money on a stock wrx...

mosc 05-28-2010 11:54 AM

[quote=synolimit;245470]please disprove my 100% accuate dyno showings then! i produced NO lag. infact from the old tune to the new tune my spool time accually moved to the LEFT!! again, could a TMIC do the same?? yes, probably. could it move the curve to the left more?? maybe it could!! but the FMIC produced no bad side effects so it works great. so your logic is moronic. you dont have a 09 wrx, you dont have a VF52, so you dont know. im telling you the truth and you calling my a lier basically. what more proof do you want??

a guy on nasioc with a 09 has ONLY a perrin FMIC, intake and TBE. made 314/314 on his dyno. ran a 12.2 1/4. now go ahead and tell me a FMIC is moronic on a 09 wrx !Thumbs Up!Thumbs Up[/quote]

Show me a before and after where all you change is the IC from a nice aftermarket TMIC to your FMIC. Until you do that, any dyno graph you throw up is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE DISCUSSION AT HAND!

The stock intercooler is small, no shit. The issue is not whether replacing the intercooler helps and whether an 09 wrx can make xxx whp. Again, the issue is whither a TMIC or a FMIC is a better choice.

And no lag? Do you even know what lag is? Seriously?

synolimit 05-28-2010 12:51 PM

[quote=bigbadbuddha;245513]FMIC IS MORONIC ON A 09 WRX.... There i said it what are you gonna do now???? lol
There are far better ways to spend money on a stock wrx...[/quote]

laugh in your face for your stupidity ahhaahhahahahahaha

cause 12.2 is such a slow time when that is really all the other guy did. why does is site produce the dumbest people that just wanna fight and not listen to FACT

synolimit 05-28-2010 12:58 PM

[quote=mosc;245525]Show me a before and after where all you change is the IC from a nice aftermarket TMIC to your FMIC. Until you do that, any dyno graph you throw up is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE DISCUSSION AT HAND!

The stock intercooler is small, no shit. The issue is not whether replacing the intercooler helps and whether an 09 wrx can make xxx whp. Again, the issue is whither a TMIC or a FMIC is a better choice.

And no lag? Do you even know what lag is? Seriously?[/quote]

i dont have to show a before and after. no part on these car works PERIOD!!!!!! with out a tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i said can a TMIC show even faster spool? maybe, maybe not. POINT IS going FM doenst have any harm in what your comming from!!! therefor its a good buy.

dude your car sucks get over it!! you spent all that money on an STI and have been crying like a little girl ever since 09 wrx got here and woop your ass!! i have several emails with guys on here telling me your a dick and all you do is cry!!! even another moderator tell me to calm down you have a problem waiting so long to get your car cause all you wanted was and SIT and blah blah blah. your a little 16 sitting at home in his moms basement. INTERNET TOUGH GUY RIGHT HERE EVERYONE!!!! LOOOK OUT FOR THE BILLY BAD ASS WITH THE KEYBOARD. now delete this post becuase you dont have the balls to let it ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but again your billy bad ass so i guess your aloud to break the rules and say bullshit to people and shit ect ect which is clearly not aloud on this site!!!! in fact ill let admin know how shitty of a mod you reallly are.

VisiX 05-28-2010 01:48 PM

This is a quality thread with quality responses. Great job to all those who participated. :rolleyes:

fuapiti 05-28-2010 02:05 PM

LOL!

In before the lock!

Vew 05-28-2010 11:45 PM

If you can't give an argument without resorting to personal attacks, you shouldn't be posting. Warning for the personal attacks. Thread locked since it's clearly not going to get back on topic. Now play nice, please.

For what it's worth, I've had my car with a FMIC before I added the turbo. I noticed in increase in the time it took to spool, although it was not major. Defiantly a waste on a stock turbo. Even with the upgraded turbo, kinda wish I stuck to top mount.